3800Pro Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
I believe someone said the AC Delco elbow o-rings are a bit thicker, or you can source some to swap-in yourself. Not ideal, but it's a $20 job overall and makes it happy once done.

FYI - the setup that held the record for fastest "street driven" 3800 FWD car never swapped from the plastic UIM, it just didn't see PCV, coolant, or EGR, and had the HVII or HV3 insert inside...
Kalo's turbo Impala from ~2006 that made 600+whp and ran multiple 10.0's before he got "bored" and bought something else.
I agree with the GM O RINGS for better sealing. Some of the "after market O RINGS don't seal up as nice as the OEM ones. It's been a while since I last did this but I do recall the GM Orings are best. My(opinion) Mr goodwrench....

·
Registered
997 Posts
Hi,

I work on a racing setup with a 3800 gen 1 swap convert with a Gen 2 ECU using the MAP of the gen 2. I use a vacuum hose and hooked up my MAP to it instead of drilling a hole in my actual intake manifold.

I use a high flow Fuel Pump ... I already use this one for a GM L67 5.3,

When I first start the engine, it run rough at idle for the first 10 seconde, and the engine running great, when i hit the throttle it was going revolution really fast, but smoke black .. so i know i was running rich. But it was running

Actually, when i start the engine, it's hard to start, and can't stay ON at idle.. it stall.

If I plug the pump, just to build some pressure on the system, unplug it, start the engine, it start well, run great at idle and at the moment I plug the pump back.. it run rough and stall.

I use the factory fuel pressure regulator .

My tought is maybe the flow on the return line is too hi and the pressure regulator cannot do his job well and the pressure increased too hi on the injector side and the injector cannot close well and leak in ?

Maybe this is only my glow plug ? I will try to change it tomorrow, i've got new one..

What do you think about it ?

thanks a lot

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
For the knowledge of everybody.. MAF on serie 1 is not scaled like the MAF on series 2.. So when I did my obd2 swap, I doesn't change my MAF, only add the MAP that I doesn't have on the serie 1.

So actually, the ECM think there is much more air flow that it really are so it give too much fuel in the engine.

I will buy my hp tuners credit and scale it well and it should work good after. 😉

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I got some question about my O2 sensor ECM input... The first obd2 I've add didn't work. So I change it.. The new one got 0.1v to 0.9v between low and high signal reference.. But didn't see it in the ECM. My wiring is good, I've got 0v - 12v on the heater and my low and hi signal is properly hooked up to the input of the ECM..

If I unglug my ECM input and I measure voltage between hi and low input of the ECM.. I read 5.0v.. Is it normal?

Do I need to connect ground reference on the low signal of the O2 sensor or it supposed to be done in the ECM?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts