3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this is in the right forum....

Recently Ive been getting a bad engine miss on my 99 GTP. It mostly does it in the morning when it is cold out (40degrees). It idles real rough, the dies. It will start a few minutes later, and idle fine and drive fine. Oddly enough the Traction Control is off though, and wont go back on. As I bought the car recently, I have no mods. I have however replaced the plugs and coils, and it does have a new tranny.
I am thinking it is the PCM, hopefully I will be borrowing a stock one to see if it is in fact the PCM. But in the mean time, id really appreciate any input...
Thanks!
Carl

·
Banned
189 Posts
Carl,

A common problem with these engines that will cause this is a leaking fuel pressure regulator. When the car sits, fuel leaks through the vacuum line into the intake. This creates a "flooding" condition when trying to start the car.

Big jeff

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response...
I dont think its flooding, i had that problem on my previous car. It is more of a miss, and occurs while driving now, so I have no clue...

·
Banned
165 Posts
How old are your plug wires?

Can you scan the car to see which cylinder(s) is misfiring?

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
vq30de said:
I hope this is in the right forum....

Recently Ive been getting a bad engine miss on my 99 GTP. It mostly does it in the morning when it is cold out (40degrees). It idles real rough, the dies. It will start a few minutes later, and idle fine and drive fine. Oddly enough the Traction Control is off though, and wont go back on. As I bought the car recently, I have no mods. I have however replaced the plugs and coils, and it does have a new tranny.
I am thinking it is the PCM, hopefully I will be borrowing a stock one to see if it is in fact the PCM. But in the mean time, id really appreciate any input...
Thanks!
Carl
Have you resolved your issue yet? I'm looking into similar symptoms with mine, and am investigating fueling now.

TIA,

Ross

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually, yes it is resolved. I was a tard and put champion plugs in it, and when i replaced them with 604's that took care of the problem... but it def was an ignition problem, so id say start cheap and replace wires and plugs...

good luck...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts