3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and i just changed the plugs and wires and the miss is still there,i used a multimeter to check the wires and #6 was dead,so i figured that was my problem,not so....it runs very nice at an idle and all the way up to 3900,as soon as you hit 4100 there's the miss!!i didnt even road test it i was so pissed but when you put a load on it it misses badly,my question is....fuel pump?

·
Banned
203 Posts
Maybe run a compression test on the cylnders to see if that piston is completely dead or not? I take it you're throwing a P0300 code?

Check your coil packs too (i'd do this first). See if they're corroded or what not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx Buck,i see by reading a bunch of posts that by error code you must mean it was scanned,which i would have no idea how to do, or with what.i havent delved into doing my own veihicle maintenance in about 20 something years.all i know for sure is all the plugs were a nice brown color.i live in the boondocks and it is difficult to get it to a shop for a diagnostic.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Maddog..

I dont mean to insult your inteligence at all.. maybe I just mis-read your post... but when you say you "..didnt even road test it...", do you mean, you didnt take it out and drive it and just revved it up in nuetral??

If thats the case, the rev limiter in park/nuetral is 4000 rpms...
Like I said,.. I dont mean to insult your inteligence if you already knew that, but a lot of people DONT know that...

Usually, when your car has a Misfire, the PCM will throw an SES light....

If you are sure its a misfire, and have put in brand new plugs/wire... then I would check to see if the coil packs are in good working condition by using your multi-meter...

Keep us posted on what you find... :)

Brian

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
holy moly,i didnt know that :D yes,i meant i didnt drive it,but i did yesterday,went on a 700km road trip and the old grey mare was/is what she is supposed to be.so the plugs and wires did the trick!! and yes the SES light was comming on when i booted it,tho i have no idea about error codes. because the miss was still there revving it up in park,i just assumed...... :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts