3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Proud Supporter of 3800PRO
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as some of you know I removed my EGR valve last week (for strictly off-road purposes of course), and all is well. I simply had the codes removed via Intense-Racing and haven't looked back. It's kinda funny though as I posted a thread on this about a week ago and it seems to have stirred the pot quite a bit. I noticed 1HOT97 disabled his and reduced his part-throttle knock. Now that I have really done all of the brain-storming on this issue it makes perfect sense to do this. All there is to think about is some simple physics (well sort of simple) :thinking about the thermal properties of your combustion chamber as well as the burn characteristics of the A/F mixture, volumetric efficiency and one can see the logic. What I can't see the logic in however is that I've seen some vendor's condoning blocking off the exhaust port so the EGR simply draws in fresh air, at first it sounds logical drawing in clean air so no build-up occurs over time. Unfortunately though it's un-metered air. This is probably why they say to expect to experience a 1 mpg loss. Not only that but the PCM would theoretically be playing catch up everytime the EGR port opened, that's no good. At least it does'nt sound good to me. All that's needed now is for payday to come around so I can purchase a Aeroforce Scan Guage, this way I can do my CASE LEARN as well as monitor my knock more efficiently after the delete's been done. Tired of carrying around that Scan-tool which by the way does not give me a KR value. Oddly enough I own a older Gen of the same brand Scan-tool that does. Weird. Anyway my new motto is: No CAT, No EGR, No problem!:icon_lol:

·
Proud Supporter of 3800PRO
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well that was a while ago. I've since got a Snap-On Solus Pro for better monitoring and have observed no side-effects. I do know my intake passages and combustion chambers are cleaner which is what I was after in the first place. It's nice to see the EGR Delete thread is still going strong. Nice to see some good info being put up. So I'll keep watching and will be sure to catch any valuable information that falls along the way-side.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts