3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,
*disclaimer* Im not the guys selling these, nor am I affiliated with them.... just want to let everyone know its a new option for 3800 power adders****

I just wanted to kind of spread the word that the new Eatons are looking like they can be made to fit our 3800's! :icon_twis

Should be badass, they said the HTV1900 is capable of 700HP easily and flows nearly DOUBLE that of a Gen5 M90.:icon_eek:

I know there was a thread like this on the other US GP forum and basicly Zoomer was in talks with the guys at Harrop Performance to make an actual case to fit our intakes.

That fell through, but I contacted the guys at the company and they said they CAN and WILL make an adapter plate for us. As of now, no one sells this... , but basicly all we need to do is tell them to make it. :)

They already have computer generated pics of TB and intake adapteres, as well as plans to make a working PCV etc. (no EGR or coolant through it though) They started it for the Holdens and I guess never finished it.

I dont know if Im allowed to say specific pricing, but its just into the 2k range for the 1900 unit and adapters plus shipping, discounts if there are 5 buying at one time.

I dont want to give anything more specific than that becuas they arent vendors here. (Mods, if you want, give me the info they need and maybe I can get them to be)

Thats about it.

Just wanted to spread the word on a new SC for us!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont know about Ford, but I believe this is the one that comes on the new SC ZR1 Vette.

If not the ZR1, then the maybe the '09 CTS-V

Either way, its a bad moffo.:icon_twis

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
hrmmm i wonder if any of the rotors will fit into the Gen V casing like the pic?

·
Registered
979 Posts
hrmmm i wonder if any of the rotors will fit into the Gen V casing like the pic?
man that would be sweet i would swap them out in a heartbeat!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I dont think the rotors are swapable since they are a 6 blade vs 3 blade (M90 case).... the case is probably different internally.

I attached a spec sheet the Harrop guys sent me, it has the specs of the 1900 case interior, maybe someone can find this for the M90 and check just to be sure.

Here's the flow #'s vs M90:

M90 (5th gen) 1135 m^3/hr

HTV1320 1420 m^3/hr

HTV1900 2000 m^3/hr

edit...
here's the Gen4 M90 according to MP
http://www.magnusonproducts.com/images/mp90draw.jpg

~Dan

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
I dont know if Im allowed to say specific pricing, but its just into the 2k range for the 1900 unit and adapters plus shipping, discounts if there are 5 buying at one time.
If you're hinting that you need 4 other buyers, I'd be into that.
Let me know...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Definately not the one used on the new ZR1 and also they are 4 lobe rotors. Here are a few pics I got of the engine at the Detroit Auto Show back in January when it was all announced. It is interesting that the intlet and drive side of the blower is the same side and also that it is part of the intake casting, pretty complex setup really. Anyways enjoy the pics!

·
Registered
216 Posts
the new TVSA are 4 lobe
The twin four-lobe rotors feature 160-degree twists
</title> <link id="StyleSheet1" href="/ecm//groups/public/documents/system/98061097.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" /> <meta content="MSHTML 6.00.6000.16705" name="GENERATOR" /> <script type="text/javascript"> function changeFont(){ if(document

maybe its a variation on the 2300, afterall it has a built in IC & is a 2.3L, so maybe just a different casing????

on the roush note, does anyone know the difference between a roush m90 older style roush) and the gen V? the under side looks different, but what about flow wise

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Kevin,
Its a pretty significant diff in flow from what I understand.

I posted the flow #'s they gave me on the Gen5 m90 vs the 1900 on the other page.

The 2300 is just a bigger blower (and hence obviously more flow).

So TVS2300:TVS 1900 is like M90:M62 or M112:M90.

Also, I did a little research,

Trannyman,
Looks like the ZR1 is getting the 2300.... The CTS-v is getting the 1900

That ZR1 motor looks INSANE! :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
here's the difference in flow #'s that Harrop gave me:

Here's the flow #'s vs M90:

M90 (5th gen) 1135 m^3/hr

HTV1320 1420 m^3/hr

HTV1900 2000 m^3/hr

I dont know much else other than the case bolt patterns are completly diff..
The 1900 has a much bigger inlet, looks to be almost the exact width of the M90, almost an inch longer (the case, not over all)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Kev, in continuing our phone/email chats about those ones on ebay like the Roush, etc... It appears to be a Magnuson version of a Gen 3 or 4, judging by inlet shape, bolt pattern, outlet shape, and old-style rotor coating.

The inlet gains would help, but overall it's still an M90 and would most likely be limited as such. Pontiac Gen5's gave about a 20-30hp potential over a G3 (give or take), so I'd assume you may see a portion of that gain by going from a G3 to the Roush (or even Maggie MP90), but it'd mostly be for uniqueness of appearance.

Those considering a TVS, only lok towards the smaller ones. It'd be a major hp robber to try the 2300 slated for the 6+liter engine, instead of the 1900 going on 4+liter engines. The 1320 might be a sufficient upgrade, and I'm sure the 1900 would work on an L67 as well. The 1900's outlet dimensions through Magnuson (MP1900) are identical to the MP112's, so adapting that one would be very easy.

- Dave

·
Registered
246 Posts
anyone get an adapter plate for one of these yet?

Ill take all our blowers and swap them down in cars lol

fastest to slowest
99 gtp gets bigger tvs model :p
99 gtp gen 5 goes to 01 gtp with intense ported gen 3
01 gtp ported gen 3 goes to 00 gtp with stock blower

If it would allow more boost and cooler air, id be for even the model that got 1400 flow vs the gen 5 at 1100, that alone would be like going form a gen 3 to a gen 5 but better yet

1 - 20 of 161 Posts