3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So is everyone pretty much using the stock m90 just ported or do some use the m112? Can a stock l67 even handle the m112? I have no clue was just bored and wanted to ask.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
The L67 can handle the M112. Most people with M90 just upgrade to the gen V M90. Essentially it is cheaper, but if you were to build your motor around the M112 then that would be one mean machine!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok then i got antoher question for ya. Would the m112 from a cobra be the same that I would need for my 04 monte SS? Reason I ask cause i can get my hands on one for bout $300.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Yes and No

You need a m112, but you also need to modify it to bolt onto our LIM. I think that is usually done through an intercooler plate that acts as an adapter. Then there is the TB too.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
That is a good ? The plate on the M112 for the L67 might be able to be purchased seperately, but I don't know if the dimensions are the same for the stang M112 as they are for the L67 M112. A custom plate might have to be made...which could cost an arm, leg, and left testicle...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah guess Il have to look around for a bit more info on this then to find out for sure. But what do yall think about the price of the m112 itself for 300 or is that a lil too high with havin gto find all the extra pieces to go with it. Although i am not sure how much a new m112 for our car runs any ideas of this?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
how many miles on it? Either way...300 for a M112 is a steal I think. I think the kit at INTENSE went for a grand or more??? I am not sure on this at all though

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
NONONOOONONONONONONNOONONONONONNONONO!

U can't bolt the m112 from a cobra to our cars in ANY way, but.....u can get with "Overkill" on ClubGP and have him adapt the rotors to a M90 case. They're called hybrids and he has the project right now.

The 112 that dayday talks about is the MP112 and is a completely different case made my Magnuson. This one will bolt up usung an adapter plate or intercooler that is made into an adapter plate.

http://www.magnusonproducts.com/mp112.htm

·
Registered
752 Posts
You'd better look for a MP112, which is the aftermarket blower and the bottom is smaller and attaches with 6 bolts and way easier to work with. Magnuson has an eBay store now and they sold a used MP112 for low $400 a couple of weeks ago, looked to be in nice shape. If you get a ford application, you will have to cut the 90* intake out of the blower to use it on a L67 and that itself is quite a project. You will also have to deal with sealing the bottom of the blower and this is where you might give up.

Another thing to consider is the efficiency of the MP112, at high boost pressures it loses efficiency way earlier than a M90, both same generation. I had to lower my shift points to 5k to maintain speed density. After 5k RPM it felt like the car wasn't moving, even though my intercooler was ice cold and that was at 17PSI. Also look at the power requierd to drive the blower :icon_eek:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wow i never would of thought about the seemingly poorer performance f the m112 vs the m90. In this case the m90 seems to be a better choice over the m112. Am I wrong in this assumption? If this is in fact the case would a ported m90 be a better choice?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Gen V m90...port that if you want, but the gen V is hands down better than the gen III. Essentially a ported gen III is equivalent to the gen V.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I still want to see someone crazy enough to put their gen V M90 down where the AC compressor normally is, separated from the engine heat with brackets and use it with a FMIC, because our "heater core" intercoolers work, but it's not like a turbo where the hot boost is fed through a pipe and goes through the intercooler; the "boost" made by the roots blower is created in the intake manifold, somewhere between the rotors and the valves, so the heater core only cools down a part of the intake charge.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ah I see now. Thanks all for the input was confused i guess between the 112 models. And I never would have thought that the 112 would lsoe the boost like what happend in your charts. Well in this case it would almost seem that turbo charging is better suited for our cars vs supercharging. I know that is a whole diff debate in it self so ill leave it there. Thanks all again for the info,;)

·
Registered
752 Posts
Well, to be honest, the bottom end torque of the MP112 is awesome, but the top end suffered, so I threw a turbo in it, but haven't had the time to finish the project and tune it so I can post results. For an automatic car though, I agree- a decent size turbo with a loose torque converter is all you need, I have manual and at least theoretically I gain a little with the instant boost of the roots blower between gears.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Only down side i see to going to a turbo setup is the cost!!! I mean turbos are jsut so much costly than surpercharging from what I have seen in our applications anyway. I have never personally owned a turbo charged vehicle and only have driven 2 which were big v-8's (Camaro&Vette). I belive the cheapest setup i have seen for a turbo for my model of car was around 3k so that most likey will not happen untill I find a suitcase full of cash or somthing.

·
Registered
52 Posts
NONONOOONONONONONONNOONONONONONNONONO!

U can't bolt the m112 from a cobra to our cars in ANY way, but.....u can get with "Overkill" on ClubGP and have him adapt the rotors to a M90 case. They're called hybrids and he has the project right now.

The 112 that dayday talks about is the MP112 and is a completely different case made my Magnuson. This one will bolt up usung an adapter plate or intercooler that is made into an adapter plate.

http://www.magnusonproducts.com/mp112.htm
Dont want to jack the thread but what is this about adapting 112 rotors into M90 case?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No worries about jacking the thread bro i dont care whatsoever. But I did read however about the m112/m90 internal parts swap but I belive the gains were the same as just getting a gen V one if Im not mistaken. And I think the swap parts are more costly.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.