3800Pro Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yeah i have seriously considered that opinion. But with a blood spot on the liver that's not a very good alternative. Cars I Can repair it lease. ??

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
You must of seen the 'Gold Rush' on the dipstick.

Tough to have to take. Happened to me many years ago.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Well, that certainly SUCKS! You are probably going thru mental anguish thinking of a FIX. So, are you gonna do a rebuild or replace? You most likely hurt the crankshaft as well as the main bearing bores(line honing the block will fix that if it's down for a complete rebuild). best of luck, Jake

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Crank has small grooves I dont think they will polish out. Contemplating if I should turn this one or get a crank kit. But yes I believe I main studs with the main bores not being honned is to blame. Yeah the oil looked light metallic paint.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Update....
After fixing the heads leaking, line bored the mains, and with no other tuning done. ( well except a few degs of timing added and shift point change ) the car runs like a top. Car has a best of ( 13.0 @105 ) with the exact tune that's was done by brian at dyno tune. Thanks again..

·
Super Moderator
279 Posts
Sounds good. That's getting more in-line with most non-I/C X-P cam setups near 300whp. Hope you enjoy dealing with a healthy setup now. Might've also had some odd timing chain advance also holding it back before (total guess, wasn't paying attention to the old posts, just something people mistakenly try on these that isn't necessary).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Timing was installed straight up didn't see any point in advancing it. Just curious where the happy pulley,boost, timing place is

·
Super Moderator
279 Posts
Street trim gets tricky with launching. I got my GTP's X-P setup to 12.7 @ 111mph on street tires, nursing the launch on a tired stock transmission certainly held the ET back. That was using 100 unleaded Sunoco and 2.7" pulley on a GenV'd L36 block, my stock L67 heads, and something in the high teens/low 20's for timing. I got it to 333whp that way, and probably left 15hp on the table with floating valves on 105# (chart showed consistent flutter above ~5700). I was making about 285whp and ~13.3's with a 3.3" Gen3 before that, on 93.

That's a great cam for everyday use, and I still have mine for future projects.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts