3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I consider myself to be pretty knowledgeable about this engine after doing the cam swap by myself. And this is really buggin me, for two reasons, 1 I cant find it and 2 it's not what I want to be wrong.

Let's see if I can explain it. Well ever since I swapped in this HVTB I got a P0300 code like an hour and a half later. That of which never happened before. Now I smell coolant but can't find a leak anywhere, but it's definately noticeable. Also when I swapped the TB there was like no coolant that came out at all. And I tried to bleed the system and see if I had a bubble in it, but I took the bleeder screw out and nothing came out at all. So I was low on coolant, really low. So now I have this 0300 and hooked it up to a Snap-on and was getting misfires everywhere all cyclinders but mostly #6. So I look and I see that around #6 the UIM seal is a lil wet. I tighten the TB bolts to make sure its not leakin from there an no luck still getting the code and the smell of coolant. I checked my coolant and there is no residue or milkiness to it and the exhaust isnt cloudy or anything so I dont think the head gasket is blown. I think I might have a leaky head gasket but not blown I am not sure, and the car definately feels handicapped, like the exhaust sounds baffled like I added another muffler. I really got underneath the car and looked to see if anyone put a banana in my tailpipe. Any body with any suggestions on what it could be?? Also I want to take and run a carbon and pressure test on the coolant system, the autohobby shop on base doesnt have the materials for it anyone know a good price for those?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Do you have an HVII? Have you ever removed the upper intake manifold? If so then I would bet your leak is there. I plugged the coolant holes in the lower intake manifold with some JB Weld and then sanded smooth to prevent leaks and it also acts as a TB coolant plug.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually I found out where it was coming from it was the TB gasket replaced it, no more code, still have a slight smell of coolant though, for 26 bucks though that kinda pissed me off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts