3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i just wanted to get some opinions for anybody running SLP catback, I like the exterior sound from what i heard, but how is the drone in the interior?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Hey guys i just wanted to get some opinions for anybody running SLP catback, I like the exterior sound from what i heard, but how is the drone in the interior?
Look into adding a Resonator, especially with a GF or family :icon_lol:

I added a 2.5" MAGNAFLOW stainless from eBay, I believe it was around $60 shipped. The longer the resonator, the better it will kill drone inside.

·
Registered
892 Posts
IMO the Borla C/B system sounds great outside , but it has the 1800 RPM cabin drone. It's not outrageous, but it takes some getting use to.

Scott

·
Registered
768 Posts
you lie, your car is still louder than anything evar.

so? It still sounds bad-ass at start-up and idle :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

I'm waiting for a few vids from the dyno pulls lastweek, but I have a couple from the front. I don't know if it will help you at all, but it's worth a shot :icon_razz I'll post up a link later.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys, thats pretty much what i was lookin for im buyin next week and was tryin to decide what to go with.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I installed a chambered muffler and it's awesome. The car is still loud but it sounds 10 times better with no drone or raspy sound, it also gave the car a deeper tone. When you get on it, it's still loud and sounds great.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I'm running an older SLP 2.5" stainless single exhaust. I put a short round straight-thru Magnaflow on behind the CAT for a resonator. It's very quiet on the highway, near zero drone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts