3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2006 Grand Prix uses the headlights as DRLs but a coworker has the same generation but his DRLs are his front parking lights. Did Pontiac change that somewhere?

·
Administrator
1,249 Posts
I think I know what you mean, but yes, my 2006 GXP also uses the headlights rather than the projector fogs or parking lights. Not sure of any tweaks, but there was a DRL auto-off hack we could build for 97-03's. Personally, I usually just default to killing the headlights and turning on fogs in the first 5sec before driving in daytime.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I know what you mean, but yes, my 2006 GXP also uses the headlights rather than the projector fogs or parking lights. Not sure of any tweaks, but there was a DRL auto-off hack we could build for 97-03's. Personally, I usually just default to killing the headlights and turning on fogs in the first 5sec before driving in daytime.
I always just manually turn off the DRLs. No running lights at all. Funny because the
" GETTING TO KNOW YOUR GRAND PRIX " book for 2006 reads on page 4
"......by lighting the amber lights in the lower front fascia....."
I think the amber lights look better IMO. My '98 Camaro uses the amber lights and looks pretty good during the day.
My Cobalt uses the headlights for DRLs but I just removed the DRL fuse. Wish the GP was that easy.

·
Administrator
1,249 Posts
Ya, it was that easy in earlier GP's like my '98, but it became more interconnected as they moved into the 2000's. I'd just consider it a manual action for appearance purposes when you are driving, no big deal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts