3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in need of a set of slicks for a 16x8 wheel, but cant seem to find anything in that size :confused: Anyone have any info.......

·
Registered
565 Posts
Hoosier Quick Time Pros. I don't believe you can find a true drag slick in a 16" size. Most come in a 15".

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.... Yes, looks like I may have to try the QTP's.
I know a few guys here have run them before, anyone have anything good or bad to say about them?

·
Administrator
3,246 Posts
I use them and must say they have helped my times but I still spin them a bit off the line unless its a VERY well prepped track such as norwalk. Anyplace else I get 1.9's or so compared to the low 1.8's at norwalk. Granted some of this may be due the difficulty of launching a Bonneville compared to a GP but thats my experience with them.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I love my QTPs! i have 15" slicks on 15" Montana rims. i have done very well launching on them :D

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I ordered the QTP's from Jegs yesterday and guess what... Backordered :rolleyes:

·
Registered
38 Posts
john,
if your insistant on mounting to a 16" rim,the new drag radial from hoosier (that just went into production this month)
part # 17325 (would be your best bet.)
p255/50r16.. dia 25.8 circumference 81.0" tread width 9.8
they do make a QTP in 26 by 9.50-16lt w/ all the same dimensions as the 15" but 1lb heaver tread width 8.0

KIP

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ran the 1.82 in my sig on BFG DR's and wanted to move up to Slicks. Unfortunately they dont seem to make a slick in 16" other than the QTP's.
If I have to buy rims also, I think my wife may take away my credit card :D
So thats why the 16" choice ;)

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, got a set of QTP's from Summit and had them mounted up today.
What air pressure are you guys running in these????
I ran 16psi in my BFG DR's.
A little disappointed in the width of these compared to my BFG's....

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I run my QTPs with 14-15 PSI and check them before every run to make sure they are both the same preasure.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Yes, I believe they would be too tall. With the 15x8 Weld Draglite XP's, GMPP Koni suspension/lowering kit, and 26" slicks, I barely have clearance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 97 gtp with a few mods and Im having alot of trouble leaving the hole. I spin past the 1/8 mark and Im running 14.06 at 98mph. Im running 17" Brigstone SO3's. I was hoping to find something that would fit my 17" rims or my origanal 16" rims.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts