3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how u guys did ur down pipes u can see the mods i have and i was wondering what size downpipe i sould get, also do u guys keep your cat on or do u just take the cat off?

·
Registered
61 Posts
id definitely go with a 3" dp. if you go custom........make sure you have mandrel bends, and either a piece of flex pipe or spring flanges so you dont bust your manifolds. and good luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
What is it about the stock downpipes that isnt good? Only asking, because ive had a cat back exhaust put on back when i first got my car, but didnt know there was other stuff i should have done. Im going to bring it back some time to have the u-bend fixed, and just dont know what to tell him i want done to the downpipe if i was to have that done too. thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
ImpalaLS said:
What is it about the stock downpipes that isnt good?
From what I gather, the stock dp is crush or crimp bend, which seriously hampers flow.

·
Registered
10 Posts
smellbird said:
From what I gather, the stock dp is crush or crimp bend, which seriously hampers flow.
Thanks.. So now i can tell him i want a mandrel bent downpipe, and to remove the u-bend. Any recomendations on the size of the downpipe? My car doesnt have any major upgrades, all i have is the cat-back exhaust, wizaird intake and a 180* T-stat. If i went with a 3" downpipe is that going to be too much? I dont plan on doing any major engine upgrades any time soon. I still need this as my dailey driver. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
28 Posts
ImpalaLS said:
Thanks.. So now i can tell him i want a mandrel bent downpipe, and to remove the u-bend. Any recomendations on the size of the downpipe? My car doesnt have any major upgrades, all i have is the cat-back exhaust, wizaird intake and a 180* T-stat. If i went with a 3" downpipe is that going to be too much? I dont plan on doing any major engine upgrades any time soon. I still need this as my dailey driver. Thanks for the help.
Show him this pitcure.

And not only is the stock down pipe crush bent it is double wall steel. It is equal to if not much more restrictive than the u-bend.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The biggest restriction is at the entrance it narrows down to less than 2 1/4" here is a stock vs rat 3"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts