3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone tried a throttle body spacer in their Chevy 3.8? Specifically the brand Helix throttle body spacer with the grooves that are supposed to enhance the amount of fuel/air entering the intake.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have heard that they don't do much/anything for performance and can cause some type of leak possibly coolant (I think, maybe somebody that knows more can verify what leak it can cause)

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
There are a lot of people that use them, but its usually to install a nitrous port or water/meth injection.

·
Registered
488 Posts
^^^^ what he said. Waste of money. You will here a whistling sound at certain throttle positions, which sounds ok. But in reality its doing nothing. Also u should post some pictures of that 69 camaro :)

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Waste of money unless you really need a nitrous injection point.
Also blocks off the hot a$$ coolant from the TB but he's basically dead on. I use mine for Alky!!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
SC Gasket - $15
Summit Racing Aluminum Plugs - $5
Teflon Tape - $1

Plugging your LIM coolant passage holes and never worrying about a coolant leak - Priceless :)

·
Registered
34 Posts

I just weld mine shut, then grind them down. This is a RWD engine, but I did it to my wife's Olds too.... after she filled up the rear 3 cylinders with coolant.:pissed:

·
Registered
66 Posts
the better way is to tap them and use plugs , i mean i have a zzp welded one but threaded plugs dont put any heat into the lim . Heating the lim from welding could warp it . But mine is welded and fine , but zzp might machine them too .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts