3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My exhaust: SLP headers, no cat, 28" long resonator that is 3" i/o....then my exhaust tapers down to stock 2 1/4" pipe from the turn to go around the gas tank all the way back to 2 dynomax ultraflow mufflers. I've been told before that by the time the exhaust gasses are back that far, that they've cooled off enough and lost enough of their velocity that stock piping is okay after the resonator.

Others have said that since I don't have a cat, they don't have time to cool as much and my exhaust could be somewhat of a bottleneck. Question is, should I try 3" pipe from the turn to go around the tank back to the "Y", then run 2 1/2" to my Ultraflows? I just wonder if I need to do this or not with my power. If I could drop some boost by doing this, I'd probably do it. Ideas? :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I guess the question should be; for what application do want to tune your exhaust?

If you want the best performance at the track then presumably 3" all the way to the mufflers would be appropriate.

If you still want good throttle response on the street maybe 2.5" after the resonator would be the best setup. 2.25" sounds just a little on the small side given your mods.

Cheers,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts