3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 Grand Prix, L36, Cam, small turbo turned down to 5 lbs. Was running great, now it is dying off when we first hit boost. It goes way lean and timing turns way back, as low as 5 degrees total!

I got the HP Tuner setup, thinking it was a torque management issue, but I have turned all of that off and it is no better. The MAF appears to be reading okay through the range, but it's almost like the PCM is calculating in speed density and hits the wall when the 1bar MAP sensor tops out. (I understand that I cannot use a 2 bar with this PCM)...

Any ideas?

·
Registered
238 Posts
1st step is to hunt down any boost leaks. They love to develop at various pipe clamps that have some flexing during operation. My initial turbo setup did this a lot when I first installed it with some shorter TB/MAF connections to clamp onto. Also double-check any couplers on the bottom-side, and make sure they haven't gotten hit/dislodged/cut/loose.

Also, look over your vacuum lines for cracks or being loose on the ports.

I would say you missed a setting to get the L36 PCM happy with boost (there's not too much that needs changing), but if it was already running fine, the above items tend to be a big factor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts