3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my car down for about 2 weeks (see thread in heads section). Once I got it up and running, I trickle charged the battery for a few hours to ensure it was fully charged. Overnight it does appear to stay fully charged (car fires right up every time). Also, the radio presets do not reset.

The DIC (average MPG) resets every night though. Also, the trip odometer resets every night. However, on the DIC, the oil % remaining does not reset. It's almost like a loose ground, but I checked all of the main grounds (batt to chassis, trans) and they are tight.

Any clues?

·
Registered
28 Posts
How did you get this problem licked? Everything works great in my car (electrically) but the aftermarket radio started reseting everynight. Everything else holds. I am thinking the alternator might be starting to go and not charging the battery enough but I havent heard of anything like that. I would think it either works or it doesn't. So, what was your issue? Thanks

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, you brought up a dead thread. ;)

The grounds that are grounded at the trans were loose, even though I thought they were tight. Hopefully you find your issue.

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Mike, check your connection to the battery from the radio. Sounds like it was hooked to ignition power instead of battery.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts