3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DHP tuner with Serial Adapter and OBD port cable.
No A/D port on this model.
Will include CD with software that was passed on when I purchased the unit.

$300 shipped with continental US.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Joe-
DHP PowrTuners are very similar to HP tuners except they for GM V6-powered vehicles only and they are not VIN-locked.

PM Sent with details.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump

·
Registered
15 Posts
Credits?

does this still run on the credits type tuning like hp where you need a credit per tune type thing? if so how many if any are left?

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
does this still run on the credits type tuning like hp where you need a credit per tune type thing? if so how many if any are left?
"they for GM V6-powered vehicles only and they are not VIN-locked. "

No credits used, it will work for GM V-6's only though, it is no longer supported by the manufacturer like HPT, but HPT is going to run you 500.00 at minimum, and as you know based on credits.

I'd love to get this myself, but I won't have the money for a few more weeks, if it is not gone then I may be interested.

·
Registered
15 Posts
questions

so this would allow for all tuning needed from fuel management for racing gas or e85 to air managment for supercharger pulley swaps to transmission shift points & pressure , speed limitor ?

also rigging your maf to have the ecu assume its getting max air flow good or bad idea im trying to get down to a 3.o pulley and am wondering if it need to buy one of those performance mafs from the trans ams or w/e or if with proper tuning I can have the maf rigged so not to deal with the ses light? kinda off topic but thanx in advance

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
so this would allow for all tuning needed from fuel management for racing gas or e85 to air managment for supercharger pulley swaps to transmission shift points & pressure , speed limitor ?

also rigging your maf to have the ecu assume its getting max air flow good or bad idea im trying to get down to a 3.o pulley and am wondering if it need to buy one of those performance mafs from the trans ams or w/e or if with proper tuning I can have the maf rigged so not to deal with the ses light? kinda off topic but thanx in advance
To answer your first question, yes it would allow for tuning for those needs.
As for the second question, I do not know enough to answer that, but I am sure somebody who know will respond.
You'd probably get a quicker answer to that question by starting a thread about it.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Never lie to your computer.
If you don't want it to do it's job,yank it all out amd mount a carb.
Give it all te correct info,then alter stock tables based on data you've logged to allow it to do it's job properly.
IF your maxing maf,then upgrade to larger-put new maf tables in pcm and log data from there.
You don't change MAF to get more performance,you change it when you hve exceeded it's capability to read the volume of air mass in your particular application.
And don't buy aftermarket maf's,plenty of reasonably priced stock mafs that can handle anything your gonna throw at it.

You have the wrong view of the SES light.
It is an excellent thing.
It is an indicator that something is wrong and an oppurtunity to make a repair or modification that will allow the engine to run better and more efficiently.
You don't tune it out,you tune the issue so it goes off on it's own.
(with very few exceptions,like cats)

·
Registered
15 Posts
tuning

yeah I completely agree it just seemed irate to spend nearly 300 dollars on a performance MAF that goes over the 11500 barrier but I guee i will be able to see on the tables when it has become a problem thanx for the input :)

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
You can swap to a larger MAF, you have the 11500 limit no matter what MAF is on there, just if you NEED the higher flow, then the bigger MAF will still do what you need, the PCM just can't use the top end of the MAF. The LQ4/LS1/LS6 MAF is a fairly low cost solution for MAF. Forget the aftermarket ones, they aren't near the quality of a stock Delphi/Delco MAF, and not near as accurate.

I've brushed 10000 Hz on mine (stock engine), but far cry from NEEDING a LS6 MAF (which I have now).

yeah I completely agree it just seemed irate to spend nearly 300 dollars on a performance MAF that goes over the 11500 barrier but I guee i will be able to see on the tables when it has become a problem thanx for the input :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts