3800Pro Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Sorry to disappoint, but I never got mine to work properly. You would probably be fine either way. What ended up being my problem was that I had a goofy ECM that was never supported by DHP. Things could be changed via Tiny Tuner, but I had zero understanding of how that worked so I gave up and sold everything. I just have HP tuners now, and I'll let my dyno tuner deal with the rest.

·
Administrator
1,402 Posts
I just re-installed on my Win10 PC here, and it tends to work when I right-click and Run as administrator. Now have both programs running, but have issues getting UVscan and TinyTuner to behave.

If someone really needs me to write a file to a spare PCM as one type, and read it back off as another type for conversion, we may be able to do it. I'll be getting more into it as I work with some upcoming projects that I'll want to slowly convert to HPT-friendly, so I can minimize credit needs.

Reactions: Quick86

·
Registered
166 Posts
I just re-installed on my Win10 PC here, and it tends to work when I right-click and Run as administrator. Now have both programs running, but have issues getting UVscan and TinyTuner to behave.

If someone really needs me to write a file to a spare PCM as one type, and read it back off as another type for conversion, we may be able to do it. I'll be getting more into it as I work with some upcoming projects that I'll want to slowly convert to HPT-friendly, so I can minimize credit needs.
You think you can turn my '00 Century PCM into an '02 Camaro? Would it be possible to load my HPT file onto it without credits? That would be swell.

·
Administrator
1,402 Posts
Hey man, shoot me an email and we can arrange something. I'll need some good credit for when I start some Camaro 3800 tinkering in the very near future (about to convert a 96 to 98 hardware for a young guy, and prepping for a RWD build of my own next season).

·
Administrator
1,402 Posts
Do you mean when not installing with a cable to register? It's been a while since I've heard people discussing that far in the weeds, since it's not too useful of a software package without using it to read/write/scan. I just use my off-board harness to register whenever I'm indoors messing with it every few years on a fresh laptop.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts