3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
959 Posts
I'm currently digging through my old hard drives for the files to install on my latest laptop. It worked on my Windows 7 laptop, so hopefully I can make the magic happen one more time on Windows 10.

EDIT - Looks like the 60degV6 gang dropped them in some zip files:
http://www.60degreev6.com/vb5/articles/computers
I think this was where I got them ~5yrs ago, last time I needed them, too. Hopefully, they still work.

- Dave

·
Registered
59 Posts
Did you get a copy? I have it if you need it still.

·
Registered
1998 GTP coupe. All stock and rust free. That will change soon.
112 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do not forget the line of code that needs to be modified in the Windows registry to get the software out of demo mode.
Hey Brian, not sure if you are around or if anyone else knows, but what is the registry change to get the software out of demo mode? I'd like to avoid dragging my desktop down two flights of stairs to the garage to plug into the car just so I can edit tunes with the luxury of multiple large monitors. 🙃

·
Administrator
959 Posts
C'mon, I remember when PT came out before we all realized we'd need to get laptops, and dragging desktops out to the driveway was a way of life. :ROFLMAO:

I forget the database trick, but you can also build (or maybe buy nowadays) an off-board cable that will mimic your car, and just plug in a PCM and 12v source with switched power (OBD plug, PCM blue plug, and the few necessary connections). This enables both initial registration and standalone tuning ability for a backup PCM, etc. (or not using a laptop, in this case). Just an option if nobody else has the solution off-hand.

·
Registered
2 Posts
C'mon, I remember when PT came out before we all realized we'd need to get laptops, and dragging desktops out to the driveway was a way of life. :ROFLMAO:

I forget the database trick, but you can also build (or maybe buy nowadays) an off-board cable that will mimic your car, and just plug in a PCM and 12v source with switched power (OBD plug, PCM blue plug, and the few necessary connections). This enables both initial registration and standalone tuning ability for a backup PCM, etc. (or not using a laptop, in this case). Just an option if nobody else has the solution off-hand.
hahaha, I do remember when PT came out. I had a laptop (with a serial port) at the time, but I still dragged my desktop out to the garage...for the exact same reasons I want to now. Only the monitors now are way nicer than Mitsubishi Diamondtrons. I was in a single level house back then though, and somehow my PC now is way larger and weighs way more than back then.

I do have an off-board, but it's in storage 4ish hours away.

Get it figured out?
I did not. Dave's comment spurred my memory that the reg hack is probably the one out there in the tuning dropbox (with the DBF file). But it doesn't seem to work on Windows10. Tried it on a few different machines. Tried writing a new reg file based on what it should look like in Windows10, but that didn't work either.

·
Administrator
959 Posts
Ya, Win10 is finicky with ole DHP dinosaur software that was happy from XP thru Win7. I got it to run last year, but it tends to error on start-up most times (bought HPT after that, to have something still supported and modern).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts