3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, heres my dilema! I have been to a few places where they were gonna make me pass inspection (Yes, it fail) for a fee regardless. The thing is that this newer cars(97 & up) are very hard to manipulate the PCM codes and such. I havent reset my PCM for more than 500 miles and still hasnt been able to make a read out for the STATE COMPUTER! to check the important parameters :mad:
How can I make a solucion to this problem? I have two more weeks to go before dead line.
Man, I hope I dont have to reset this PCM to OEM specs! :confused:
Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's odd -- 500 miles is plenty of time for your sensors to start responding after a pcm reset. Are you sure that you haven't disconnected the battery, pulled the pcm fuse or accidentally reset the pcm via a scanner recently?

Switching back your pcm to stock configuration will be like a reset so you're going back to square 1 again.

Would you happen to know which sensors aren't complying and also what kind of tuning does the DHP have?

Nikos

·
Registered
22 Posts
Luis,

I passed the Ohio e-check with my DHP. I had a TPS code the day before- but I reset the codes with my LS1M, they plugged into the OBDII, and I passed within 30 seconds. Maybe you have a SES light on?

Kurt

·
Registered
24 Posts
Do you have a scan tool? If so check the OBD readiness states. If there some that are not ready then it would cause it to fail. The DHP programing may cause it to not check a few things to keep it from setting a code. The State emission testers vary from state to state. Here in NY you can have two checks not ready and pass with 96-00 cars, 01 and newer can only have one. You may may want to pick up a spare PCM and have it programed stock. Be sure to have the correct vin in it. The readiness states should all set within 2 days of normal driving.

·
Registered
930 Posts
OK, heres my dilema! I have been to a few places where they were gonna make me pass inspection (Yes, it fail) for a fee regardless. The thing is that this newer cars(97 & up) are very hard to manipulate the PCM codes and such. I havent reset my PCM for more than 500 miles and still hasnt been able to make a read out for the STATE COMPUTER! to check the important parameters :mad:
How can I make a solucion to this problem? I have two more weeks to go before dead line.
Man, I hope I dont have to reset this PCM to OEM specs! :confused:
Thanks.
Your best bet is to identify that code showing up and FIX THAT PROBLEM. Other wise the light will come back on..

PS, have you checked the fuel tank fill pipe to see if there's any corrosion on the gas tank filler pipe? If it's rusty or corroded, this will cause a "check engine" light to pop up. Jake

1 - 5 of 5 Posts