3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This one is about the, 2001 Regal LS L36, fuel pump.

I got the OEM Delphi FG0111-11B1. It came with a connector rewire kit.

The "diy Fuel Pump" write up on RegalGS, it's pretty good, seems to show that the connector on that Regal will already connect to this fuel pump. I haven't open the access panel yet to see yet. (RegalGS is down right now so I can't ask there )

So I was wondering if anyone knew if I am going to have to use the rewire kit?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am a mechanic at a GM dealership, so I change lots of GM fuel pumps. I can't tell you absolutely about your particular job, but I can tell you that GM is changing the connectors on most of the fuel pump kits over to the new design. Most of the fuel pumps on GM vehicles since the late 90's had a connector that was square, 2 rows of 2 terminals. The new design they are changing to is flat, 4 in a row. Quite often, when we change pumps lately, we have to splice on the new plug. Sometimes you get a job that has already been changed before & has the new connector already, or you may get a new fuel pump that has been sitting around on a shelf for a long time & still has the old style, so you use the existing plug. You will have to look at it to know for sure. It isn't a big deal to change the plug if you have to. Just be sure to heat shrink the connectors to seal the splices after you crimp them. Try to stagger the splices on the various wires so the bulges of the splices are offset some, & good luck. Hope this helps, Ron

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks buickron for the info, good stuff.
The pump I received has the first connector you described, square 2x2. I guess it's been sitting around a while.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts