3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am saving up for headers but until then i am concerned. with all the mods in my sign i get 11lbs constant boost and at redline i get 14lbs. it was very cold today 40 it is usually 1lb less but i guess it loves the cold. i gained 1lb of boost with the zzp throttle body. the site says its a good 1lb because there is less heat caused by it and it is a 1lb that has no bad effects. so really on a warm day i should be at 10lb to 12lb. is this really bad? my caspers knock gauge says no knock but i don't trust it. maybe are my plugs to cold? any ideas? why are headers so damn expensive :( .

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wow, thats a small pulley for those mods. I'm suprised you havn't had any problems. I'd get it scanned as soon as possible to see how its running. If your not getting any KR your very lucky.

I'd say thats alot of boost though. I wouldn't risk it.

·
Registered
713 Posts
that boost sounds about right for your mods, the 14 is slightly high, i would expect around 11-12. you can boost the hell out of these motors as long as you have no knock and you dont go lean. i am pushing 17lbs but am VERY careful not to dip down too low with my O2's.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Ditto on what Steve said. I was running a 3.0 pulley, with less mods than that on a well tuned set-up. It would knock a little 2-3KR when it was warm out, and I saw 0 KR with the 3.25. No rockers, stock heads, no cam. Just feed the thing cool air, and keep fresh oil in her.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.