3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Most of you know I've been working on my car forever and have had more issues with the GP than most people could ever dream of. I've decided to jump back in and do some body work and figured I'd post progress here. It's all house of kolor and currently the back end is finished up. The doors are welded and smoothed. After I knock out some dents they'll be painted along with the jams.

The pontiac arrow in the front is going and the core support is being welded in smooth then painted. The rear doors might go suicide and the handles moved to the front.

This weekend I'm sanding the gel off the carbon fiber hood since they laid it horrible and it's flaking off. I'll hand lay some house of kolor black tribal on it then squirt about 4 layers of HOK ultra flow klear on it. Wet sand with 2K then 3 stage it with 3m compounds. Finish it off with some imperial hand glaze :)

You won't be able to see the graphics at night or in the day until the sun lights up the CF pattern :)

No Key Hole!

No side moldings either :)

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks. It's not 11.8 anymore. I got tired of fixing broken sh!t and detuned to around 12.5-12.8

My camera still has salt water on the lens from the weekend. I assure you it's 100% flawless even though it was JUST sprayed and hasn't had time to level and cure!

New as of 7/5/11

Wet sanded & buffed. I'm not the best picture taker and it's bright as all hell but the graphics lines were sanded down and it's smooth as anything!

7/26/2011

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks. I couldn't spray this weekend due to 90%+ humidity and a wicked hangover. I'm "shooting" for Tuesday. I have some more ugly pics to post up. There's not a single dent in her anymore however it looks like a moo cow.

BTW I have about 4 hours of work into the hood. The company that produces this hood for PFYC does one CRAP job. It was one giant flaw. Sooo much contamination, fish eyes, solvent pop etc... It's flat as ever now after 7 sheets of 400, but damn near down to the CF.

7/26/2011

8/2/2011 with my CELLPHONE camera lol
Can't get deeper than this!

Paint reflection after wet sanding and buffing. Like a damn black mirror!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Really can appreciate the amount of effort you made to get everything right.
I'm sanding down a beveled glass and oak door with all the trim and side panels as well. A lot of hours with any kind of repair or restoration. Your car really looks great. Black shows every imperfection. Your car looks like a mirror.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I removed the reply here and put pics!

It pretty much came out a show car quality finish. I'm happy with it :)

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
more pics will go here. I deleted the response from this post

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The body work is done minus the jams!! I'll post up some more pics when it stops raining.

After all the work I put into this, someone took off my drivers mirror last night. They hit it so hard the back of the mirror is still attached and there's no dent or scratch anywhere on the car! Problem is it bent the upper window track and the window won't go up. When it stops raining I'll bend it back but it's just so ****ty.

I take it back. My fender is trashed as well. Had to be a round surface that hit me since there are no scrapes, just a massive dish.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Click on the link in my sig. I think it's page 3 or page 4. I'll snap some pics today of the hood fully wet sanded and buffed out along with the car completely body worked.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pictures updated! New mirror(drivers side) is on and sanded down. The only thing left is repairing a used drivers side rocker trim, removing the caved in fender from where the a$$hole hit me and repairing the drivers door from where the a$$hole hit me.

All the house of kolor paint will be in this week and it will be done by the end of the month!!

Also the STBs will be getting a base of pewter and diablo red kandy over it. All the yellow is going except the wipers and calipers.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
You are one very talented guy Brandon! A lot of people have no idea how much knowledge is needed to perform the amount of work you have on your car. Body work is tedious and demanding at the very least. Many people do not realize all the steps that have to be done. Inspiring.
After just restoring our oak front door and side panels, I can fully appreciate the amount of work you have done in hours alone. I put in 30 hours sanding, bleaching, staining, and clearing. That was my 4th of July weekend.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You are one very talented guy Brandon! A lot of people have no idea how much knowledge is needed to perform the amount of work you have on your car. Body work is tedious and demanding at the very least. Many people do not realize all the steps that have to be done. Inspiring.
After just restoring our oak front door and side panels, I can fully appreciate the amount of work you have done in hours alone. I put in 30 hours sanding, bleaching, staining, and clearing. That was my 4th of July weekend.
Thanks again Kevin! I bet the oak came out great. I'm actually drying out a 36" high 24" round section of oak to make an end table out of. Wood working is about as fun as body working :)

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lol the rest of the body except the arse end looks like crap right now. The front bumper is being finished tonight and more of the engine compartment is being scratched up so paint sticks.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Hurry up Brand, need my Camaro painted next!!!

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hurry up Brand, need my Camaro painted next!!!
It's going in the booth Saturday. Just finished sanding the jams yesterday and painting the window rubbers. Also tracked down all new weather strippings and a bright silver replacement carpet. Gotta sand down the carbon fiber shifter plate and clear it over :)

I think we can spray your car for about $1k to $1,200 as long as it's not all dented :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts