3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we have members going up to and sometimes over 7K rpm.

I have two questions... #1 would be ... would it be of benefit to go much higher than that provided camshafts could be designed to use the powerband..

And #2 just how high could we get it to go with proper block setup.. and what setup would that be?

I like theoretical stuff so I'm interested to know hehe.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Well, like you said, it would only be worth it if you had the proper cam that would benefit with a range that high (kinda like the IS4, or a cam for an even higher power band ;) ). I think a lot would have to be done to spin it that high. The main things are VERY heavy valve springs, a double-roller timing chain, removal of balance shaft, balance/blueprint the engine, and depending on how much boost you plan to run, possibly o-ring the block. I'm sure there's more that should be done for that high of RPMs, though...

·
Registered
261 Posts
BoogieQ said:
I know we have members going up to and sometimes over 7K rpm.

I have two questions... #1 would be ... would it be of benefit to go much higher than that provided camshafts could be designed to use the powerband..

And #2 just how high could we get it to go with proper block setup.. and what setup would that be?

I like theoretical stuff so I'm interested to know hehe.

I think the PCM has a max RPM limit of around 8200. I am not sure on that number though.

Greg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts