3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,

I was thinking about my car. It's a 98 Regal GS all black (not two tone) with Grey leather interior, not creme (wish it was black interior lol) but one thing that I noticed that is uncommon is that my "Regal" script badge on the doors is in a gold colour, not silver/chrome like the rest of them you see. I was curious if this was a special edition or option? I doubt the previous owners changed them or had them painted/coloured this way. Are there any others out there that have this option? Was it an option? Did it signify a special edition of some sort? I am curious to know about that. I have looked all over trying to find some sort of answer but nothing so far. Incidentally, the Key lock cylinder is also gold coloured to match the badging. I will upload a pic if anyone is really that interested. Let me know.

That being said, does anyone know how to decode/decipher the RPO codes from the trunk lid? I know that a monotone colour is fairly uncommon in the GS's of that era and I was curious if anyone knows or has access to know what the codes were for if I listed them. Is there a list that someone has somewhere that lists them? Even further how many were built with those options, and whether the car is a "one of xxx: number of cars built like it? Who has that info? Can I ask GM? Would they help? I remember somewhere someone did that and they got a response from GM saying that their car was a "one of xx" built like it. I would be interested in finding out more about that.

Gonna go work on it now. Have some exhaust gaskets to install, That rear manifold is a pain to get atr. I loosened all the bolts yesterday night and almost took it off, but ran out of time so I loosely tightened them back up and completing the job tonight. Wish me luck. haha Replacing the rear manifold gasket and the x-over gasket, as well as the downpipe gasket. Had some exhaust leak issues coming from there. Next is new muffler then that's all I am gonna do for now. I already fixed a bunch of stuff and this is one of the last major issues with it. Thinking flowmaster 50 series muffler to replace the stocker that is disintegrating. Thoughts? Anyone have that combo? Not looking for obnoxious, just very tame.

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW, Does anyone know how to sign up to the regalgs.org site? I have been trying to sign up as a new account, but it allows me to fill in my info, but will not display the security code or question/capcha or whatever thingy to be able to verify yourself as a human not a bot, therefore it always fails the security pass not allowing me to continue. Any thoughts? I turned off my ghostery pop up ad blocker, so I don't think that's the problem, as well as tried a different browser - no go. Same result. I use Mac and Opera but have tried Firefox, and safari also. I don't know if it's Taboo or not to talk and ask about that other site so delete this if there are issues...but anyone here able to help? I would like to sign up.
Thanks

·
Registered
231 Posts
I've seen the occasional single-color GS driving around, but I don't know if the badges correspond to anything custom, or just a previous owner repainting/replacing them at some point. You can go to a variety of sites to check RPO's, like: RPO Codes.com- GM option codes,GM rpo codes,General Motors options
...or this PDF is a very thorough ACDelco listing: https://d354nuoz4t18d4.cloudfront.net/151587b49e7f6970ff59f6f339b177de/images/custom/rpoCodes.pdf
I know there used to be a site that would give percentages and totals of cars with various build options, but that might've been lost to time.

If you're keeping fairly stock parts at the manifolds/cat/resonator, the muffler change should not be a drastic sound difference in near-stock diameter. Hope all works out there.

I wouldn't stress too much about RegalGS.org at the moment. I just checked, and there's been 2 posts in the last month or so. You can continue trying a couple different computers/browsers, if you really want to attempt getting a logon, but I don't know how much their admins are paying attention these days.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts