3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went to a local dyno shop that has had good rep and I thought I try it out.

Here is the results: Click link.

Here are the conditions:
91 Cali octane, 95* temps (gives me 7.2lbs of boost in heat)

Here are the mods as we speak:
*INTENSE 4" intake ducting/e-bay heat shield/S&B 8" cone
*DHP Programmer
*Stattama Novi1000 CSC w/ 3.6 pulley
*L67 injectors
*ZZP UD pulleys (WP/Alt)
*ZZP GT1 CAM
*ZZP Stage 2 GT TB
*ZZP Happy knob
*ZZP Mini-afc 2.0
*ZZP HVIM
*TOG Headers
*Race CAT
*Custom 2.5" Exhaust w/ Resonator
*160 Tstat
*Autolite 104 plugs gapped at .052

PS: In case you can't see the numbers here is how it turned out.
-Run1: 308.6whp 266.3ft/lbs <- 23.5* of wot timing
-Run2: 305.0whp 261.9ft/lbs <- 2* of kr (tried to bump timing to 25.5* WOT)
-Run3: 303.9whp 258.2ft/lbs <- commanded 23.5* wot timing

As you can tell hot lap runs, just adjusting the timing only. :D Not too bad for a Grand Am one mention at the Dyno shop. ;) I didn't feel like correcting him since it was a good deal to dyno the car there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thats impressive, especially for a GA!

But what is a Stattama Novi1000 CSC w/ 3.6 pulley exactly? Supercharger of some sort, right?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It would be impressive for a GA, but I am a GP. [;)] Just a tad different. :cool:

The novi is a special CSC supercharger (more famous on Mustangs and Camaros).

·
Registered
243 Posts
Dyno

Nice dyno results. I have a similar setup on my Monte Carlo SS. I am looking to get it dyno'd soon. Do all dynos read KR? I have a timing advance dial and I want to get as much hp as I can without seeing kr. I'm not quite sure how to tune it though. Any advice?

Anyone with a CSC kit knows who Stattama is, but for those of you who don't, he makes an awesome custom (csc)centrifugal supercharger setup for our cars. Has some of the best advice and tech support you can get. He has really helped me out.

I will post my dyno results as soon as I get a chance to run it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Scott!

kobun: The dyno I went to didn't have such a device to scan for KR, I had to bring my Ls1m scanner to scan for KR. As for timing adjusting, start low and work your way up. If you have a scan tool that will help greatly. As you can see in my dyno (the red line has these "wavey lines" at the top end of the whp). Thats where my KR was found in the dyno.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Twister97 said:
Thats impressive, especially for a GA!

But what is a Stattama Novi1000 CSC w/ 3.6 pulley exactly? Supercharger of some sort, right?
Josh that is a different type of supercharger. CSC stads for Centrifical SuperCharger. Basicly its a belt driven turbo. So instead of exhaust gasses to sping the turbines, it uses a belt to spin the turbines, just like our M90s. A CSC has a very different white too. much louder than a roots style blower.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually when comparing my friends low 12 sec GTP vs my CSC GT on the dyno. His m90 is loud has hell when it hits WOT but quiet on idle. My CSC goes from really loud on idle to not heard at WOT.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Timberwarp....Do you have any et's on your set up yet? I haven't gotten a chance to hit the track yet. I just gor my car back from the cam install. Have you had any trouble with the NOVI yet? When I took my outlet tube off, there was oil in it. Apparently a seal went in the csc. PAXTON said this happens occationally on some units from the heat. You might want to check yours out. PAXTON should fix it under warranty.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well the 2nd to last time I race I had some PCM programming problems with the tranny and was pulling 14.2 @ 91 mph @ 1300 ft elevation lol.

I raced last week with some more tuning problems and pulled 13.75 @ 100.9 mph with 11lbs of boost. Mind you the alt of the track based on weather and elevation was around 5000 ft.

My personal best with my old PCM setup is 13.435 @ 104.16 mph with a ~ 2.19 60' @ 1300 ft elevation. :confused:

As far as leaking oil from the blower, I haven't seen any yet.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I have heard many CSCs louder than our M90s and the definetly have a distintive sound over the M90s. in my opinion at least.

·
Registered
243 Posts
How the hell did you get those numbers!? I have a very similar set up on my Monte Carlo SS. After an hour of tuning and dynoing I could only get 250 whp. I have no kr and my a/f ratio is adjusted pretty good. I just can't seem to get the numbers. I don't have a HVII though. Do you think that makes much of a difference? What gives man? I want your numbers. And it was 45' outside damnit :mad:
I'd appreciate any advice you can give me. Thanks

My mods are:

CSC 3.4" pulley,9" cone
DHP CSC PCM
VS Cam
UD Pulley WP
SLP Headers(3"downpipe)
High Flow Cat
2.5" exhaust
Autolite 103 plugs(.48)
180' thermostat
94 octane

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nice #'s Rick.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
kObun you got a PM on the questions you asked.

Thanks guys, I'll try to go back to the dyno soon to see what I am pulling now because I definitely feel a huge difference with the additional mods I put in. [:)]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts