3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So let me start by saying my first question was answered extremely fast and I was elated at the help recieved. Now I just added factory cruise control to my jeep wrangler, and that got me to thinking on this jeepster swap what would be needed while I am pulling the motor, how does the cruise control work is it multiplexing, does it use resistance or voltage to determine what button is pushed or is it a simple on and off switch. Next what is required hardware wise to make this work?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Alright so last night i found some diagrams from a 2000 Park avenue http://www.3800pro.com/forum/dtcs-problems-troubleshooting/37822-cruise-control-inoperative.html . I traced the diagrams and made a simple pin out for my documents. PCM points are the same as described in diagrams hoping that the cruise control box is as well. I'm gonna run from the belief that they are still the same 2000-2004 wiring wise. Correct me if I'm wrong, and I still don't know what the resistance settings on the buttons are supposed to be.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
2000 PA
PCM Side

Figure #1 Multifunction Lever

Figure #2 ABS_TCC Switch

Figure #3 Stoplamp Switch

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
2004 Impala & Monts Carlo