3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First post here and I’m hoping someone could help. I inherited this 2005 Chevy Impala a couple years ago with some issues. Basic stuff to start with. A couple weeks ago, I gave it all new plugs and wires and an oil change. Car was driving fine with no issues.
I stopped at a friends to help with moving furniture. Waiting for them to move their truck to drive to the next destination, I started my Impala and let it set in park. I shifted into drive maybe a minute after starting and the car lunged slightly and cut off. Since then, I’ve had crank but no spark. I had a somewhat mechanically inclined friend look at it and he ended up noticing a split ground wire for the ICM. Repaired ground and it didn’t fix my issue. I replaced the crankshaft sensor, ICM and now the Computer (with a programmed unit) and still I have the same issue. I have now back tracked and done tests on the wires from the ICM to the crankshaft sensor and everything seems correct. I feel like I’m missing something. Anybody got any ideas to make this thing run again?

·
Registered
7 Posts
It could be an ignition control relay that is causing the issue I know on my LeSabre there's two on the inside fuse box and two on the one and the engine compartment. Do you know for a fact you're getting fuel? I mean it I could also be the computer. I had a crown Vic running perfectly fine stopped to get gas filled her up went to start her nothing acting like a dead battery at first then had her towed and she wasn't getting no spark and she needed a new computer. Oh by the way took three computers because the Ford dealership messed up programming them or something.
What about the timing?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts