3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Say, what is your take on all the info we are seeing about the CORONA VIRUS?? I will say this scenario is a bit unnerving to say the least. I think about all we can do is to try to safe from sick people in general. On another note try to stay clear of people you see as being sick. Maybe this won't help everyone but it generally is a good practice. If I remember correctly, I heard on TV there's a lot of this in EUROPE.... specificly from Italy. As I remember I heard this on television. Maybe it's true or a hoax. BUT, we should all be prudent as much as we can to try protecting ourselves. If this continues, the health care system might get overwhelmed.....lets hope not! At this point my feeling is BY ALL MEANS.....CLOSE THE BORDERS NOW. We don't need more issues for our society. Best of luck to all and do your best to stay clear of people who appear to be sick. Mr Goodwrench

·
Registered
231 Posts
Since this is a car forum, I'll keep it light (I'm using my home time to make more progress on an engine swap, while dabbling in some work-from-home tasks I can knock out... BLUF: scroll to bottom if you don't want to read my BS on this topic).

As a mil guy in a field with extra haz training, I'm glad the corner has been turned to get people more on-board with precautions. The "enemy is already inside" as they say, so border and event closings world-wide can hopefully just help reduce chances of people unknowingly passing it on before finding out they have it. CDC and WHO guidelines are there for a reason, and this certainly warrants our attention above the generic "breaking alerts" thrown at us daily by our information sources of choice (viruses are immune to all of that stuff, so thankfully a standard message from all channels/sites/etc. is basically the same now).

Best case: we're being over-cautious and this hits a peak in the very near future, so everyone can sigh relief or scoff it away safely, and a vaccine/cure/treatment plan can be developed to keep it at bay later.
Worst case: despite best efforts by officials/workplaces/individuals/families, the numbers rise and linger at a high level for months because people ignored warnings from the highest levels, and we end up learning it's already spread to many more before we determined how to test and treat it in large numbers.

I'd guess we'll wind up in the middle, since we're acting now, but this is an invisible threat that's not something most people ever needed to consider, let alone personally figure out how to deal with. We won't know for a few weeks or months how we did, so promote smart behavior for everyone around you, and that's the best way each of us can take care of our own.

And now... a progress pic for fun (pulling Turbo L32 to swap in MP112 L26 in background):

Reactions: ONOMOTO

·
Registered
29 Posts
Border closings i totally agree with. What the hell is it going to hurt shutting them down for a awhile. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The borders should have been LOCKED DOWN a long time ago. Not doing this has led to many of our current issues. Also in today's times and infictive diseases this problem is PARAMONT . Lets hope we all get thru this in one piece.... Mr Goodwrench.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts