3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1988 Fiero with an L32 swap. I've got all the codes for a bad coolant temp sensor, so I went online to get one. I've been to just about every auto parts store along with Amazon and Ebay. Every time I find one that one store say's fits my application and I double check the price elsewhere it comes up as not compatible. I've been told it's 6 different part numbers and every time it comes up as not the right part somewhere else. Does anyone know for sure what the correct part number is?

·
Administrator
1,218 Posts
Does it have the 2 or 3 wire plug? The harness being from a different car may alter that, so check visibly, as they varied over the years.

Just get on RockAuto and match the type from a similar vehicle you look-up (2004 GTP... 2002 Regal LS... 1999 S-10 Blazer doesn't matter, just needs to have the same GM connector end).

With custom applications, it's up to you to know what parts you need, because it's no longer a default lookup item. It's not rocket surgery, just a minimal additional effort on your part to become more acquainted with your setup, which earns the fun you have with it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does it have the 2 or 3 wire plug? The harness being from a different car may alter that, so check visibly, as they varied over the years.

Just get on RockAuto and match the type from a similar vehicle you look-up (2004 GTP... 2002 Regal LS... 1999 S-10 Blazer doesn't matter, just needs to have the same GM connector end).

With custom applications, it's up to you to know what parts you need, because it's no longer a default lookup item. It's not rocket surgery, just a minimal additional effort on your part to become more acquainted with your setup, which earns the fun you have with it.
Thanks, I'll have to pull the connector off and see if it 2 or 3.
Does a lot of coolant come out, or just a dribble?

·
Administrator
1,218 Posts
It's a 3/4" deep socket, or wrench, whatever fits once you get the replacement ready. Only a cupful or so of coolant will come from up that high in the engine, if it's topped off. (If you drain ~1gal from a lower spot you can control, it'll be almost nothing, and you can refill after.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts