3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been smelling coolant burning for a little while now. I have a 97 grand prix gtp and it has about 92K on the motor. I have checked the floor boards and its not damp at all. No dripping on my driveway and no visible (from what i can see) leaks. I have talked to a couple club members and friends about the issue and they seem to think it maybe a lower intake manifold gasket. I really hope its not that but if anyone else has any other ideas that it may be please let me know.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welp...I've seen one particular L67 motor w/after market heads that has a leak coming from at least two of the head bolts. It's not a bad leak and the guy has never had a low coolant LED lit or cooling issues in general but it's enough to drip off the head onto the front header and make enough steam to smell it outside the car w/the hood closed. He was worried at first but now just lives with it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Can you see any coolant on the outside of the car? Probly just the gaskets it's a simple fix. I can do one with help in an hour and a half now that I have lots of practice pulling blowers. Take off the alternator, unplug electonics, pull blower, pull mani and then reverse pretty simple.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.