3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having some issues with my motor and want to check the timing. I really don't want to have to hassle with the cover so I was wondering if anyone knows if you can check without pulling the cover?

·
Registered
105 Posts
i assume you mean CAM timing, generally "timing" is referring to ignition timing, which can be checked with an autotap.

There may be some way to check it without pulling the front cover, but to get any accurate results, you really need to pull the cover and check the dots on the sprockets.

Mat

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ive done this about 20 times, no exageration....

I dont know of an easier way, or else I would have done it...LOL :eek:

After about the 3rd time, I could get down to the front cover within 20 minutes of turning the first bolt....

I actually have a brand new front cover gasket in its plastic packaging yet if you need one... just pay shipping for it and its yours.... ;)

Let me know..

Brian

·
Registered
174 Posts
like money said its not hard, lower the cradle, take the dampner off, p/s, the coolant passage on the top by the alt, alt and then the cover is right there to take off. I had mine off in like 30 min or so, once you do it you realize its really not that hard after all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts