3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Afternoon guys. I just finished replacing my lower /upper intake gaskets in my 2003 buick lesabre because I had coolant leaking into my oil and the car was overheating.

I'm an inexperienced mechanic and this is pretty much my first major repair.

During this ordeal I might have hit on a couple no nos, one being I didn't re-install a couple of bolts in the corners of the intake manifold, didn't reinstall all bolts back into throttle body. I also deleted the EGR by putting rtv on nickels onto the intake and egr where the stove pipe would go because I broke it during install.

I alsp used RTV on the plastic gasket for the lower intake manifold. Lots of it. I did make sure to clean and prep all surfaces for the new gaskets.

I was trying to determine if the car would start, period, then I was going to bolt the remaining few bolts back in.

Now the car wont start at all, just stumbles, so I pulled the plenum back off, and I'm back to looking at a flooded upper intake. What gives?

Did my little mistakes cost me?
Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Engineering Electronic component

Art Engineering Metal Machine Auto part

Honestly I have noo idea what's going on at this point so if anyone can shed some insight that'd be great.
Motor vehicle Engineering Gas Metal Auto part

I have attached another picture of what looks like a larger puddle under the hose that goes into the upper plenum, but I thought that was just a vacuum hose. Does coolant go through that and could it be the culprit for my leak?

·
Registered
79 Posts
The metal tube in the lower that you have your finger on of course extends thru the upper intake.Look at the hole(in the upper) that said metal tubes travels thru.You may have a hole that has formed in the upper due to that tube basically burning a hole thru it.There is water circulated around the throttle body inside the upper to cool this area.The hole allows it to puddle in toy lower/gasket area.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts