3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found the Cartuning Turbo Kit awhile back on 3800performance.com but didn't think all that much about it. It made 280Whp on a stock gt which aint bad when it comes stock with 160Whp. Now they have the kit for the L67 which gives a block of plate for the supercharger nose drive. Also available is an upgraded turbo which has a max output of 700 crank horsepower. Is anybody running this turbo kit? And is anybody running the upgraded turbo? Just looking for some dyno numbers on this kit.

·
Registered
238 Posts
if you have a membership check clubgp, they have talked about this topic several times, so far a few people have this kit, on a stock gt they ran 13.8, another member on clubgp.com has the kit with the L67 he ran 13.2 with rockers, i havent heard of anyone having the upgraded T-61 yet

·
Registered
29 Posts
8-Ur-Honda said:
if you have a membership check clubgp, they have talked about this topic several times, so far a few people have this kit, on a stock gt they ran 13.8, another member on clubgp.com has the kit with the L67 he ran 13.2 with rockers, i havent heard of anyone having the upgraded T-61 yet
I've upgraded too a T60 aswell Ar of .73 /.70, My old setup of a T3 had an A/R of .61 / .63. I am hoping I'll flow alot better up top now. :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Mr. Html, i just wanted to know what were you thoughts on using full T-61( not the cartuning one) on a L36 motor, what do you think the spool times will be, how well would using a T-61 turbo as a daily driver

·
Registered
29 Posts
8-Ur-Honda said:
Mr. Html, i just wanted to know what were you thoughts on using full T-61( not the cartuning one) on a L36 motor, what do you think the spool times will be, how well would using a T-61 turbo as a daily driver

YOu can run a T61 without any trouble, its just what AR you choose to go with. Its just like a T4 or T4, you can get them super small or super big. I'd go with a T61 around the size of AR .70/.71 or so. This way you should be able to spool it up still pretty fast. THe GN's which also have a 3.8 and their redline is like 5500rpm run T61's all the time, we have a much higher redline then they do, thus more time too spool this puppy up.

·
Registered
238 Posts
How well do you think a T-61 will work as a daily driver, i wouldnt have the tranny or engine built up right away, how long do you think it would last,and even after doing an engine and tranny rebuild do you think a T-61 is overkill

·
Registered
130 Posts
from what i've read about our engines and the power levels we could acheive, a T60/T61 is a great choice because it'll give you power and we can spool it up without much trouble. Plus, it should get you into the 11s without a problem.

·
Registered
29 Posts
ChaosStarter said:
from what i've read about our engines and the power levels we could acheive, a T60/T61 is a great choice because it'll give you power and we can spool it up without much trouble. Plus, it should get you into the 11s without a problem.
Exactly, just remeber for those with STOCK motors, this Turbo flows ALOT more air then a T4 or T3, thus alot more power. 10 pSI from a Big T3 or T4 is not the same as 10 psi from a T60/61.

Also it takes up alot more space!!!

·
Registered
238 Posts
thats what im concerned about, all that power, constantly pushing 10 psi on t-61 has to put major stress on the engine and tranny, I mentioned to Big Jeff about using a T-61 and still having it be a daily driver and he laughed :mad: :D he said even using the intense tranny doesn't gaurntee parts wont break, for the fact that your pushing all that power, and being that im in college and will be going to Pharmacy school soon and having to deal with parts breaking here in there is going to be a nightmare, im sue you can just run lower boost but isnt that going to make the drive horrible for the fact that running say 5psi on a T-61 will put it out of its optimum operating range

·
Registered
29 Posts
8-Ur-Honda said:
thats what im concerned about, all that power, constantly pushing 10 psi on t-61 has to put major stress on the engine and tranny, I mentioned to Big Jeff about using a T-61 and still having it be a daily driver and he laughed :mad: :D he said even using the intense tranny doesn't gaurntee parts wont break, for the fact that your pushing all that power, and being that im in college and will be going to Pharmacy school soon and having to deal with parts breaking here in there is going to be a nightmare, im sue you can just run lower boost but isnt that going to make the drive horrible for the fact that running say 5psi on a T-61 will put it out of its optimum operating range
You are better off to go with a big T3 or a T4 and not a T60 or 61.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Mr HTML ( BlueNote ) said:
You are better off to go with a big T3 or a T4 and not a T60 or 61.
:(

so what have you done to your motor and tranny to be able to handle a t-60, or is your Grand Prix just not your daily driver

·
Registered
29 Posts
Motor:

HL cam ( for now ) soon to be Stage 3 or 4 Turbo Cam
Intense Pushrods
110 pound Comp Springs
Comp retainers
Vitron Valve seals
Hastings Rings
L67 Pistons ( Going to Forged 8.0 )
L67 Rods
L67 Flywheel
L67 Balancer
L36 Heads fully ported and polished
3 Angle Valve Job
Ported and polished lower L36 intake
HVII ZZP Insert
L67 Throttle Body with L36 Mass Air sensor
Custom tubular Headers
Custom crossover
Custom 3 inch down pipe
Spearco Air 2 Water Intercooler
Custom 3 inch charge pipes
Spearco Heat exchanger
FloJet IC pump
Taylor 10.4 MM Race wires
NGK IR 55 plugs
T3 Turbo ( thats what in it now ) AR of 61/63 Going to a T60 with and AR of 70/71
Garret Internal Wastegate
Turbo XS Boost controller
Turbo XS Blow off Valve
RAT rising rate FPR
V2 Mini AFC
Lucas 42.5 injectors
RAT Underdrive WP
RAT underdrive ALT

Trans:
NOTHING DONE TO IT :eek: ( But it is getting fully rebuilt with an Intense Input shaft and some other goodies and am going to a HD LSD Diff )

·
Registered
29 Posts
stuffy236 said:
T3 will not work with our engines. Check out a little write up i did on clubgp. It helps explain flow charts and helps when choosing the size of the turbo for what your goals are: http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=1737979&p=1&tmode=1&smode=1
Thats hilarious claiming a T3 will not work on our engines. What the heck do you think comes STOCK on a GRAND NATIONAL?????????? A T3. I agree though you cannot use a dinky T3, you need a big T3, and my T3 which has been on my car for two years now and got me a 13.50 on only 6 pounds of boost on street tires is a large one and in fact is larger then some T4's.

·
Registered
124 Posts
what type of T3 did you use? a super 60 is the biggest they make and that was still not within the flow chart. It may have worked, but im sure it hindered your performance up top.

·
Registered
29 Posts
pimpiumz34 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought a stock GN turbo was a 3 bolt T3 turbine housing, with a T04b compressor?
It is a T3 through and through. I bought mine of a GN guy as he upgraded. Both sides are 100% T3.

·
Registered
29 Posts
stuffy236 said:
what type of T3 did you use? a super 60 is the biggest they make and that was still not within the flow chart. It may have worked, but im sure it hindered your performance up top.
Yes it does hinder performance up top, but for anyone just looking for a 13 second GT, it is well within the specs. If you want a low 12 or 11 second GT then you better go bigger.

I did 380 WHP with this T3 on a Mustang Dyno.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts