3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the bracket for the a/c compressor break, and after replacing that the car won't start. I removed the crank sensor, the tensioner, idler pulley, and the coil packs...Put everything back the way it was and the car will not crank. I seem to be getting spark, I can hear the fuel pump running and smell fuel, the ground wire is conected and seems to be fine. My ignition coils are MSD coils...I'm wondering if they could of went bad or something. Also the harness that plugs into the bottom of the coil packs will not come out, the bolt has stripped out and all it will do is turn. I evn thought that maybe I had put that in wrong and that is why I was trying to take it back out.. Can that be put in upside down or backwards is it just one way? I'm not really sure. My only guess now is that it is a fuse or possibly the harness is bad with a bare wire or something. I checked all the fuses under the hood all the ones I can visably check were good. I really don't know what has gone worng in the simple process which began last weekend, and now has turned into an absolte nightmare. Please give any suggestions or solutions i which you could possibly have.

thank you
Bryan OKC

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
It's possible you caught the cam/crank sensor wire harness in the bracket when you installed it. IIRC it goes right behind that A/C bracket.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Any chance that your wrench hit the positive battery post while you were removing the bracket. You might have killed your ICM. :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts