3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the car started and ran fine for 35 minutes. Then when i went to drive it, I heard a snap and the car started stuttering then died. I got the t/c and v/c off and all looks good in there, when I went to turn the motor by hand before the spark plugs came out I would get a catch, like it wouldnt want to turn, then it would let go and turn. With the spark plugs out it turns fine. I know with the plugs in it builds compression that you can feel, but this hesitation was more than a compression build up. I am thinkin did a valve snap off, but not totally come off and was maybe catchin on a spark plug? This would explain the not running and the catchin as the motor turns. Thanks in advanced

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
How do the plugs look? Have you done a compression test?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
plugs look like they were run rich, dark color, not the light grey from a rich condition, havent done the compression test yet

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
compression test went fine all 6 blew 173-178. Im leanin toward the ign system or fuel system. Im gonna replace the fuel filter, gas has been sittin in my tank for 6 months. Im also gonna check to see if any fuses are blown too, then coil packs, wires plugs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.