3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I found out I had an electrical problem today. My car SHUT OFF while I was going around a sharp-90*, 30mph turn today. Definately not cool. I immediatly shifted into N and it started right back up :icon_conf . So it's going to the shop sometime soon to see what's up. Has this happened to any1 else here before? Oh yeah, now I HAVE to drive my GTO to work for a while :icon_twis .

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Ive seen this many times. Most were crank sensors, a couple were faulty PCM's, but the main cause here lately has been a loose power (B+) wire at the power distribution center where battery and alternator power connects to the underhood fuse/relay center. As always without proper diag. who knows for sure, could even be a bad ign. switch or wiring.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
its happened to me when i get pretty close to E going around my favirote highway ramp (increasing radius) the fuel gauge will go down past E and if youre not careful the car will shut off on you....wish there was a baffle kit of some sort to keep this problem at bay but keeping half tank or better seems to work just as well:icon_lol:

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts