3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May be a dumb question.....I know you can get the extended software upgrade..But can you use the the this software for other makes and models..

AKA...Can I plug this into a friends Cobra and make some VCM changes?

I can repect having to get additional software..If I had to get additional vehical specific software how much is it to add another vehical or year?? Or does this software cover all GMs through specific years....Meaning if I get Ford software will it cover all Fords years/models like A-Tap Does.

·
Registered
9 Posts
We only support editing/flashing of vehicles that are listed on our orders page http://www.hptuners.com/order.php

Our licensing is year/model based and not VIN locked (meaning you can flash/edit as many PCMs of that year/model you like).

The scanner is not licensed and will connect and scan most GM vehicles, but only basic information will be available. Advanced scanner paramters and PCM controls are only available for vehcles listed on our orders page.

We don't support Ford applications at this time.

Cheers,

Chris...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So about $650 for enhanced perameters type that covers 2 vehicals. About $150 to add another vehical from the list provided. Should say 2 for $300...

·
Registered
9 Posts
the starting package is $499 with support for 2 vehicle types of your choice. An extra $150 for the optional Enhanced I/O interface cable that gives you 4 analog inputs and 2 outputs for monitoring wideband O2's, exhaust gas temps sensors, external boost gauge's etc, also 2 outputs can be used to trigger relays or lights (eg. knock light, lean alarm etc...). extra vehicle types are $199 for the next 2, and the $399 each from then.

One cable and s/w for both V8 and V6 (and soon 4cyl) up to as many types as you choose.

Chris...

·
Registered
791 Posts
would the reader part still work.? Ex. if i plug the tuner in to a grand am can i pull obd2 codes and get all the real time data (tach, speedo, maf, knock, o2 sensor, etc.). But I would not be able to change any perameters of the PCM right?

·
Registered
9 Posts
3800cavalier said:
would the reader part still work.? Ex. if i plug the tuner in to a grand am can i pull obd2 codes and get all the real time data (tach, speedo, maf, knock, o2 sensor, etc.). But I would not be able to change any perameters of the PCM right?
The scanner will work with advanced parameters as long as the vehicle is supported by us (ie. is on the list of vehicles we allow flashing). All other GM vehicles will only see "basic" SAE ODBII PIDs.

Chris...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Quick question, Chris. I bought on the old system and got the stuff for the 04 GTP. Does the older one still edit other 04's? And can I read the 97-03 pcm's with the latest upgrade?

Thanks.

-Geoff

·
Registered
9 Posts
WhiteHawk said:
Quick question, Chris. I bought on the old system and got the stuff for the 04 GTP. Does the older one still edit other 04's? And can I read the 97-03 pcm's with the latest upgrade?

Thanks.

-Geoff
Either the Standard cable or the EIO will reflash the 04's. You can only read PCM's you are licensed for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts