3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

All I can say I love INTENSE...and I'm sure they love me back. Great customer service...excellent products...fast shipping...and great perfromance once its all together I'm sure. (I'll let you know) :D

~Farnsworth~

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ohh she will be done by the end of the month MAYBE but I wont be putting her in till the Spring. Bad weather comming on and the tracks closing for the seasion next week.

Ya hit a snag...so its on hold till I can figure out something...I was installing the pistons a few days ago, and had them all installed and had the last rod cap with the new preoiled breaing installed in it in my hand, I was reaching for the ARP rod bolts and the cap slipped out of my hands, and fell on the engine stand and put two big dings/dents in the bearing. It JUST had to hit the stand bearing side down. :mad: Kinda like dropping a PB&J sandwich thats not closed yet. I was pissed when I saw the dammage.

I cant seem to locate a single standard Clevite bearing side...or even find somebody with a broken up set they would sell me a single bearing. (CB-1443 P) <-----is the part number. :confused: Last resort...I guess i will have to buy an entire set just to use 1/2 of a bearing. Kinda a waste in my opinion. But thats what you get for goofing up.

I dont want to chance using it...as you all can understand, so replacement is the only way.

I emailed the Dana Corporation (They make Clevite bearings) and told them what happedned...for them to respond it told me up to a week. So...the project is put on hold till I can get me a bearing to install in my cap, and finish the bottom end of the engine, so I can move on. My goof, which I'm usually VERY careful when handling bearings...I messed up, and I'm man enough to admit it. :rolleyes: So, I will wait to hear from them...and then make make the next move what ever that will be.

Hope somebody takes care of me.

~Farnsworth~

·
Registered
347 Posts
that really sucks, how bad did it screw up the bearing?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Good luck with all of that. It will take awhile but I think it will be worth it in the end ;)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nope didnt hit the lottery...just saved and saved for a little over 2 years to do this project.

How bad did it screw up the bearing? Well, it put two big dents in it or gouges what ever you want to call them. So bad when you run your finger over the surface, you can feel the raised areas. Those raised areas, when installed would surly trash the crank, and it would quite possibly throw a rod if I decided to use it.

Thats why I'm not going to chance it, and just replace the dammaged bearing. Well that is if I can find a single bearing, and not be foreced to buy an entire new set just for 1/2 of a bearing.

I see your building an engine too? If you dont know how soft and fragle these bearings are, take one of your old ones, and stab it with a screw driver. You dont have to do it very hard to mess it up forever. So you can imangine what would happen dropping a rod cap with a bearing installed about 2 feet up onto a metal engine stand. It landed on the flat base that holds one of the rear wheels for the stand. OUCH! :eek:

~Farnsworth~

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Guess I spoke too soon. I just checked my email and look at the good news I got:

Jason,

We have a pair of CB-1443P rod bearings on the way to you. They are
being
shipped UPS.

Good luck with your project.

Thanks for the E-mail

Clevite Service Engineering
Clevite Engine Parts

KICK-ASS! Hopefully they come by the weekend. Last night I installed my head studs, gaskets, and heads. I lubbed up my can and installed that too for now. I would install my double roller chan, but I cant turn the crank. Things are moving along.

So, Scott, if you were going to help thank you, but it looks like I'm already being taken care of.

~Farnsworth~

·
Registered
26 Posts
That stuff looks great, it should be a deadly combo when its all finished. I am hoping to be looking at a similar pile of parts at my door step in the next couple of weeks, needless to say the antisipation is killing me.

Good luck with the build

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Clevite's free replacement bearing showed up today. They wrote on the invoice "FREE SAMPLE" I kinda had to chuckle at that. I think I will pull the bearing off the rod, and use the two new ones that they just sent, instead of mixing and matching...you kow just to make sure/peace of mind.

I got my lifters soaking in oil...for 2 days now. :D gonna be nice and filled by the time they are installed. Yes, i did wash off the pre lube as instructed to by the instructions.

The front engine cover I had blasted to clean off the rusty water stains. Its a dull satin finish...and looks like crap. I havent decided if I should paint it or not, and if I do what color?

Flat black or silver like the block?

I guess maybe start back at it tomarrow or this weekend.

~Farnsworth~

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Lookin Good!!! I had a very similar pile'o'parts this winter. I think you will be very happy with the end result.What cam did you get? What size and CR are your pistons?

Scott

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
scotts99gtp said:
Lookin Good!!! I had a very similar pile'o'parts this winter. I think you will be very happy with the end result.What cam did you get? What size and CR are your pistons?

Scott
Cam = INTENSE stage 3 nitrous blower
Pistons = Diamond, coated, standard size, 9.5:1 CR :D ED told me, and I'm going to quote him too, "hands down...9.5:1 CR with an M90", so we will go with that. :D

99GT2dr - I agree...silver. I was thinking flat black only to show off the polished water pump a little more...then I thought...naaaaaaa, silver she will be. Thanks for your input, I didnt wantt o be alone on that decision.

~Farnsworth~

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thinking aboug fuel injector sizing with this set up. Do you think the stock L67 injectors will be enough...or should I add some bigger ones?

Or, build it with stock L67 injectors and scan it, and see. If I do that what do I need to be looking for?

Throttle body: havent decided yet, thought about knocking the MAF out of my old stock '97 TB, filling in the holes, and sanding and polishing everything smooth and then adding a MAF from a LS1 with a custom made FWI. Even quite possible boreing the ID of the throddle body and Inlet of the blower to the recomended max size. I may have a local machinest do this as what some of the people charge for maching is unreal. What do you guys think?

~Farnsworth~

1 - 20 of 34 Posts