3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this little pin that holds on the plastic behind the pulley is getting in the way of my belt. There’s no power steering pump so that’s why the belt is routed this way. I have a second solution that would be a smaller tension pulley but before I bother with that could I just grind this little guy off?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
So this little pin that holds on the plastic behind the pulley is getting in the way of my belt. There’s no power steering pump so that’s why the belt is routed this way. I have a second solution that would be a smaller tension pulley but before I bother with that could I just grind this little guy off?
View attachment 11182
If isn't needed, you could cut it off. I'm guessing it was for a different belt routing. But if it will work that way, go for it...

·
Super Moderator
763 Posts
It's meant to hold the shield keeping the crank sensor reluctor (teeth) on the harmonic balancer clear of dirt/water/damage for accurate spark timing. There's also studs on the bolts holding the sensor itself on the other side of the crank pulley, but not enough to keep it from moving.

You can also look into a few of the tried and true alternate routing methods many Fiero/sandrail folks have used when there's no power steering. Thus has been done a bunch of times over the past 20-25yrs. I recall photos posted around, but might have to search a bit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts