3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up everybody. I havent been able to make it to the track yet, but im wondering..... Is it possible for a Grand Prix GT to make it below 15.0 1/4 mile without touching the valvetrain or any engine internals. If i do all of the possible "bolt ons" and "easy" mods, can it be done? Thanks for the help guys.

Greg

·
Registered
33 Posts
if i get rockers though will i need to get any supporting mods? also which rockers should i get all i have now is CAI and gmpp exhaust, and all i plan to do after rockers is a new D/p and TB and PCM?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I was gonna do rockers, but decided to go a cam, a cam install is alittle harder but from what I hear the gains are huge compared to the rockers, and from what i'm told the ER rockers are the best bet for a L36(don't use 1.9's), the ER rockers are on back order though (ZZP), coming soon in a roller rocker I believe....can't wait till week after next when I have a free weekend to install it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
QuikL36 said:
I did it with a 7" K&N cone, cat, ubend, res delete, and gutted interior got a 14.704 its possible to do :D
But can it be done in street trim?
With track prep only done.....

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WOW is all i have to say about that. I still don't know if i beleive it. There is no way a K&N and a u bend delete knocked a full second off ur 1/4 mile. Most people with your mods run mid 15's, how did you do sooooo much better? Id love to know your secret haha.

·
Registered
18 Posts
When I was completely stock my pb was a 15.352 so i only cut a half second off that stock time but I have also had my car down the track over 150 times and they say practice makes perfect so thats my theroy.

·
Registered
33 Posts
fast_redgt said:
I was gonna do rockers, but decided to go a cam, a cam install is alittle harder but from what I hear the gains are huge compared to the rockers, and from what i'm told the ER rockers are the best bet for a L36(don't use 1.9's), the ER rockers are on back order though (ZZP), coming soon in a roller rocker I believe....can't wait till week after next when I have a free weekend to install it.
what are ER rockers? anyone else have an opinion forthe best rockers for an L36?

·
Registered
124 Posts
ZZP did a test on each set of rockers to see what was the best for the L36. The verdict was the ER rockers. ZZP used to sell them have been on back order for a long time. You can find them used in clubgp sometimes.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Greg Kaplan said:
WOW is all i have to say about that. I still don't know if i beleive it. There is no way a K&N and a u bend delete knocked a full second off ur 1/4 mile. Most people with your mods run mid 15's, how did you do sooooo much better? Id love to know your secret haha.
it think it is possible depending on track condidtions, i hit [email protected], and 2.222 60 foot with just CAI and Borla cat-back, i then added togs but due to running in 80 degree wheather, and 70-90% humidity i couldnt hit 14.9 with adding headers :mad: but it is possible, had i been given a cooler day i would have hit high 14s

·
Registered
77 Posts
stuffy236 said:
ZZP did a test on each set of rockers to see what was the best for the L36. The verdict was the ER rockers. ZZP used to sell them have been on back order for a long time. You can find them used in clubgp sometimes.
I talked to Zoomer via e-mail a couple weeks ago, he said the new ER rockers will be out in a couple months, so if you can wait till spring.....myself, i'm going cam, its not to difficult to do, you just have to take the timing cover off, lower the carage on the passenger side about five inches and put the cam in through the wheel well, the gains over rockers(from what Zoomer told me) with the GT1 cam is about 3 to 1....if ya wanna get low 14's and maybe high 13's, its the way to go

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A STOCK 15.3!!!! Holy crap, that is amazing. Ive never actually seen a stock GT at the track, but from what i understand, they do 15.7ish. Do you have any tips for a fellow N/A grand prix? What did you gut from the interior? What were your launch techniques? Any other tips? I think that if you are breaking 15.0 with LIGHT mods, u ahve to have some secret and i think u have to share them with me haha.

·
Registered
124 Posts
i know his secret:

150 track passes. You tend to get to know your car pretty well when you make that many passes. Most people only race it at the track a few times before they mod.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That and also great track prep by Norwalk Raceway Park...Its not called one of the nations best tracks without a reason.

·
Registered
77 Posts
caphockey9 said:
what are ER ROCKERS!?!?!?
their just a special ratio that works best with the L36 engine, 1.8's or 1.9's were set up more for L67 engines....I think if you look in this forum(NA forum) you'll find a post from some one that installed 1.9's and had a problem

1 - 20 of 74 Posts