3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Id like to know if somebody knows 4 sure the order the cam lobes run in. Is it.. int-exh-int-exh like the LS1 . Y im asking is i hav 2 diffetent sized pushrods & the longest 1 goes to the exh , this much i do know. I realize i can find out what lobe is what by measuring but i only hav verniers atm. Thnk u all...

·
Registered
59 Posts
This is a strange question...
Just look at each head and line up the corresponding valve to rocker/pushrod location. Both heads are the same casting so each bank will be the opposite of the other when looking at them from the same end of the engine.
From the accessories view the right bank will start with exhaust though, I believe. It’s not something I ever really think about.

·
Super Moderator
339 Posts
Just look at each head and line up the corresponding valve to rocker/pushrod location.
This is all you need to do, and check the valve lash (ZZP describes a method you can use here). Looks like this is MACE's version of the ZZP XPZ cam (they seem to share parts sales for their respective markets on various parts under their respective branding... makes sense for marketing, I guess).

Should be a solid setup when you get it dialed in. A few friends had good success with that cam.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts