3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy looking for info while building a 1998 Camaro. Have ordered about 10k worth of parts and plan to push the 3800 to it's limits. Thanks for having me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome! What kind of goodies you get? Any pics of the ride? We all want to know :D
The list is huge!
Intense heads and cams pkg stage 4, Diamond forged pistons 8.5:1, L32 con rods,
T4 turbo, Mishimoto intercooler, Flowmaster American Thunder cat back, 102mm throttle body, Fuellab regulator, Siemens Deka 60# injectors, ZZP roller rockers, Meziere electric water pump, Clevite bearings (rods and main), Intense oil pressure kit, ARP bolts and studs, and various things to connect them.

I have been waiting years to build a project car and will finally have time to do it.
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice to meet you Quick86! I will likely have several questions for you once I put all this together. Like "how will I get all the power to the wheels" or "why does me tune make my car sound line a lawnmower." This is my first 3800 build and my first Camaro but I have been turning wrenches for most of my life and have very high hopes. Very glad to have found this community!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Nice to meet you Quick86! I will likely have several questions for you once I put all this together. Like "how will I get all the power to the wheels" or "why does me tune make my car sound line a lawnmower." This is my first 3800 build and my first Camaro but I have been turning wrenches for most of my life and have very high hopes. Very glad to have found this community!
Likewise! I probably would have skipped all the bottom end components, but if you have deep pockets and a good machine shop put it together for you it will have potential to be a monster. How big is your turbo? What cam and fuel pump are you planning to use?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Turbo is a T4. Cam is matched with the INTENSE head/cam package (stage 4 turbo cam) and I went with a fuellab adjustable regulator and AEM high flow in-tank pump.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts