3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well it looks like i may be droppin' in a new cam seeing as i have all the time in the world to work on the motor while the heads are off.
soo here's what i have:
ported heads with larger valves which can allow up to .600" of lift
ported SC, LS1 Tb, IC, ported intake mani, headers, dhp etc
i'm looking for 11's and a gob of power. i may also be able to get my hands on some INTENSE 1.7 roller/adjustable rockers that i kinda would like to use as well.

any cam ideas guys?

·
Banned
189 Posts
Howdy,

Well, let me start off by saying that 11 second quarter miles require much more than horsepower to achieve. A camshaft is the foundation of a powerplant. All of the mods you listed along with a good camshaft will produce 11 second horsepower. There are several cam grinds, and several vendors to choose from. It may seem biased, but we have had alot of success with the INTENSE stage 3 camshaft
as have others. I recommend consulting with as many fellow racers as you can about this issue. I believe that this is where the most real life opinions come from. It seems as though a camshaft preference question on the internet has become a crapshoot anymore.

BIG JEFF

·
Banned
189 Posts
Howdy,

I just reread your mods, and noticed the 1.7 rockers.
We have used these on the S3b camshaft, but I believe that this taxes the hell out of valve springs. perhaps a ratio change, or a less aggressive cam grind would be in order if you really plan to use the 1.7's.

BIG JEFF

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BIG JEFF said:
Howdy,

Well, let me start off by saying that 11 second quarter miles require much more than horsepower to achieve. A camshaft is the foundation of a powerplant. All of the mods you listed along with a good camshaft will produce 11 second horsepower. There are several cam grinds, and several vendors to choose from. It may seem biased, but we have had alot of success with the INTENSE stage 3 camshaft
as have others. I recommend consulting with as many fellow racers as you can about this issue. I believe that this is where the most real life opinions come from. It seems as though a camshaft preference question on the internet has become a crapshoot anymore.

BIG JEFF
i realize it takes more than just a cam to attain the timeslips i'm looking for and i think that i have a custom grind in mind that i'll be trying given my circumstances and needs.

Thanks guys

jas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts