3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 99 gtp and i found a c-ya racing pcm that came out of a 99 gtp and was wandering if it would work ok

·
Registered
72 Posts
That PCM should be an improvement over the stock PCM so it should work ok for you, however INTENSE has a very nice standard PCM that would perform much better. You would get full support and you would have no worries about potential problems. INTENSE has been dilligent in correcting any issues they discover with PCMs parameters for different cars and years. They have sent out replacements at their expense in some instances. It is a very reasonable cost of $170 with a core charge. You would get that back on the return of your old PCM. In your case it would be $100 for your year.

·
Vendor
260 Posts
The_Pope said:
That PCM should be an improvement over the stock PCM so it should work ok for you, however INTENSE has a very nice standard PCM that would perform much better. You would get full support and you would have no worries about potential problems. INTENSE has been dilligent in correcting any issues they discover with PCMs parameters for different cars and years. They have sent out replacements at their expense in some instances. It is a very reasonable cost of $170 with a core charge. You would get that back on the return of your old PCM. In your case it would be $100 for your year.
Edit: Nothing I wrote made sense. What I meant to say is that the above is good advice. There have been some nice advancements in PCMs in just the last year alone. Advancements that the C-Ya is not going to have.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Well, I won't be nice on this one....I have a CYA PCM, I won it at a local club event. I wish my stocker was still in. The only improvement it made was in the shifting. Mike's (CYA) philosophy to tuning in more power is to lean the curve, and not mess with timing. So stock timing, speed limiter still there, no skip shift, lean 02's; a truly winning combination! I guess if your on a 3.4 pulley, with very little mods it's better than stock, but soon as I started dipping below 13.5's the PCM has been an extremely limiting factor on my car.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I wodul try and sell it and get a more modern PCM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts