3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know about the c-ya racing reprogrammed pcm? is there a major difference between it, the DHP, PFYC reprogrammed, or the intense? not sure myself but im sure one of you guys do? i just have a cai, no cat, ubend or resonator and am finishing the exhaust soon. looking for a chip and a new pulley? recommendation on pulley size as well or does anyone have one for sell.

thanks
99 gtp

·
Registered
8 Posts
jbsplus3 said:
does anyone know about the c-ya racing reprogrammed pcm? is there a major difference between it, the DHP, PFYC reprogrammed, or the intense? not sure myself but im sure one of you guys do? i just have a cai, no cat, ubend or resonator and am finishing the exhaust soon. looking for a chip and a new pulley? recommendation on pulley size as well or does anyone have one for sell.

thanks
99 gtp
I've owned DHP, CYA and Intense PCM's. I would stay away from the CYA, simply from a support standpoint. I think youll be happy with DHP or INTENSE - though Id make sure you at least put a smaller pulley on first before even thinking about a PCM. I think the DHP has more agressive "neck breaking" shifts (assuming a stock tranny), which I didnt really care for. But I think both are solid products.

·
Registered
6 Posts
jbsplus3 said:

thanks
99 gtp

I have one. Great power increase, shifts are strong, no complaints here. I think there is a rumor around that he is not making them anymore. :confused:

·
Registered
72 Posts
The truth is you can get a hold of Mike Dye anymore. Rumor has it he has a new girlfriend and is into Harleys now. Its a shame. I liked the guy. But he does not anwser his e-mails or phone calls.
So as far as updating (in my C-ya PCM situation) or even getting one anymore in pretty much an impossibility in my opinion. No matter how good or discounted a product is nothing without service and support.
This I learned.
Now I have to get a new PCM cause there is a compatability issue on the programming software between DHP, C-ya programming type and the new HP tuners ect. If you want to update you PCM you'll more than likely need a new PCM to burn. I dont think there was much success re-flashing it..

·
Registered
467 Posts
Grizzy78 said:
I have one. Great power increase, shifts are strong, no complaints here. I think there is a rumor around that he is not making them anymore. :confused:
Uhh, hate to burst your bubble, you aren't making any more power with the CYA. I have tuning software, and was able to first hand look at the changes made to the computer functions. Mike didn't change any of the spark or fuel tables...they are bone stock calibrations. All he did was raise the shift points, and firm up the shifts. I was shocked too!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ron Vogel said:
Uhh, hate to burst your bubble, you aren't making any more power with the CYA. I have tuning software, and was able to first hand look at the changes made to the computer functions. Mike didn't change any of the spark or fuel tables...they are bone stock calibrations. All he did was raise the shift points, and firm up the shifts. I was shocked too!

Ya know Ron, no wonder why my car is runnung like ****....! I know he changed PCM the for the gear but im thinking thats it...Yea shocked...Im grtting a hold of another core and **** canning this one. Im way beyond this burn anyway...Just need HP now.

When I get my Northstarr TB on its PCM time...Hey Ron whatcha doin later this week????? :D

·
Registered
467 Posts
Rob,
What year's your car? I may be able to help you.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ron Vogel said:
Rob,
What year's your car? I may be able to help you.
Its a 2000 Ron. I was kidding. I have someone that is supposed to help me burn a new one BUT he may have given the HP back. If he did I will be desperate..... He was borrowing it from a friend. He also has a new PCM core for me...Im starting over. Its probabably the wise thing to do with all my mods. I am going to need 85mm MAF tables installed aswell...Need to see who has the software...Do you?

I appreciate you offering help and even if my bud does some programing I still would like to come out and we can fart arourd some more. You check this Northstarr TB out..Its pretty nice. Nice work on the spacer..I just got a used unit and it arrived today.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I've been tweaking a 2000 file for my car, and it's going pretty well, but I'm still working out the bugs. My car doesn't seem to like the LS1 and LS6 MAF tables, even with the LS1 MAF I've been running. I have been running reliably with 22 degrees of WOT throttle, and .890 02's with no KR. So something's working right. Just have to make a happy knob so I can dial in 2,4,6,8, and BOOM! timing adjustments.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I hate to burst your bubble but going from stock to the C-YA gave me a very noticable increase in power. And no it's not a mental thing because of the harder shifts. :)

·
Registered
467 Posts
It may be from the torque management disable, but really there are no changes to the fuel or spark tables. I compared the tables side by side, and I assure you they are bone stock. I switched to a DHP 1.5 bin file, and was able to run 22 degrees of timing with 16 psi. I could only get stock timing (15)with no KR on the CYA. I got one of the first batch of his units (won it in a racing event), I lost a tenth with it. I previously had a stock PCM. I ran into a problem with his shift points were not appropriate for my combo. I went into the shift settings, and he had them set at 5400.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ron Vogel said:
I've been tweaking a 2000 file for my car, and it's going pretty well, but I'm still working out the bugs. My car doesn't seem to like the LS1 and LS6 MAF tables, even with the LS1 MAF I've been running. I have been running reliably with 22 degrees of WOT throttle, and .890 02's with no KR. So something's working right. Just have to make a happy knob so I can dial in 2,4,6,8, and BOOM! timing adjustments.
Sounds like your on to something. Before I put this TB on tomarrow I have a little misfire problem I have to look into and perform a couple A-taps cause.........Long story short...I burned #6 electrode off...Rapid Fires. Dont know why I did that...I heard a rocker rattleing on engine load.

I put 103s in it and a day later im hearing it again. I HAVE to tap ASAP. Im sure im getting a ton of KR. I just hope I dont find another burnt plug. If I do I need to verify compression, spark, and fuel. I also thought it may of been the 2.8" pulley. But I put that on 3 weeks prior without incident. Plus I was only generating 8-12 psi due to a slipping belt.
Again, I need to look into this. Not driving the car or modding any more until I resolve the prob. Tick could also be a leaky Q-teck aswell. I can toss the dump cover back on to verify. I am sweating though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
well this throws up a bunch of other issues....i'm swapping to northstar. i'm getting the 85mm maf tables installed on the pcm. (i dont want to tune) will i need to swap to a ls1 maf also.... :confused:
*man we really whored up this post*

1 - 14 of 14 Posts