·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what the full front and rear bumper supports weigh? :D

·
Vendor
900 Posts
I honestly dont know, but I can try and weigh one since I have them. My first guess is roughly 25-30lbs each for the support and foam.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Ed. I was hoping they weighed more, but ahh well.
Guess I'll just leave them in place (for now) ;)

·
Banned
361 Posts
THis is what I got:
bumper supports 60
***rear bumper support 29
***front bumper support 23
***rear styrofoam insert 4.5
***front styrofoam insert 3.5

G

·
That was not including the bolts or the foam.

I kept the foam in to help hold the bumpers up on the brackets, otherwise it would sag a little. Im not sure if its the same with a GP.

·
Registered
984 Posts
century bumper supports are aluminum, so if you want to cut wait and not die that may be a good compromise.

ALSO for regal guys, some centurys have aluminum hoods and trunklids, they are the same shape as our and should bolt right in.

aluminum engine cradel is another thing

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
Anthony, I can't verify the bumper support info, but I can tell you there is only 1 part number for the hoods and 1 part number for the trunk lids for all years Regals and Century's.

·
Registered
984 Posts
talk to Dean H from the regal GS board, he got them from his Gpa's collision shop. It *may* be from the china regal/century. he gave me the part numbers and it did not show up on GMPD, infact they had an E on the end of the part number, which may mean "export" . the regals in china got a couple 4 cylender engines and a smalllll 6 as options so the lighter stuff might have been to help the car not be a slug.

·
Registered
984 Posts
or it could have been an aftermarket replacement hood, because aluminum doesnt require as heavy a press to make a hood as steel does.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts