3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really need some help with this, and I want to say now that I know absolutely NOTHING about the fuel system.

I am working on a project, and I am trying to figure out this fuel system thing. Basically put, I am using 72 lb. injectors on this car, and I want to make sure that I can compensate these injectors with a fuel delivery system that won't fail. I have been looking at certain parts (pumps mostly), and I have seen an inline pump that is availiable for any EFI car that can produce 450 lph and 45psi. My question is that because I know NOTHING about the fuel system, can this pump work for the application that I need? And if it can, does this pump work WITH or WITHOUT the stock fuel pump already in the tank? Also, what other parts would I have to get to get the best performance (for example AFPR, FMU, bigger diameter fuel lines)?

If there are any details anyone would like to know about my project that could help with the topic at hand, let me know, I will post them.

Thanks
Wes

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks GP, that does help a bunch. Anything that will give me a rough idea what I need to do helps a ton.

As for the 72 lb'ers, it may be a little big, but I need to make sure first. I am planning on lots of boost (20-30 lbs) starting with an MP112, then working my way to a Whipple 2300AX, with some NO2 in the 150-300 hp shot range on top of that. Right now they are plans, but my thought is with good planning, the less problems you have down the road. I don't want to walk into all this blindly. ;)

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Depending on configuration, you won't hit much above 20psi with an MP112. I think if your shooting for that kind of boost/HP levels a Turbo or large Novi 2000 would better suited to your aspirations.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I kinda figured the MP112 wouldn't do much after 20 psi, hopefully, the Whipple will. I did consider a turbo, but the costs would raise the totals on the price of the whole project about $5000. Ultimately right now, I am still in the air about the turbo vs. SC.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Actually, if you plan on building up to the point your talking about. And if your starting off from "scratch" I do not see where you are coming up with all the extra money into a Turbo setup, I'm coming up with only about an extra 2000 and thats going to the expensive side.

·
Banned
165 Posts
The MP112 will do plenty after 20psi. It should make good power up to 25 psi, but it's hard to get there if you have a proper flowing heads and cam setup.

What for 25psi out of an MP112 coming soon. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts