3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so first off does anybody know of the weight of a 93 park avenue? the only weight reduction i have done is an a/c delete sytem. second off with a series II modded to around 450 at the wheels what wold my car run? and third off what are some good ways to drop serious weight in these cars? i know there is a lot of useless electronics in here that i dont use how do i get rid of some of it?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Curb Weight, lbs. 3536

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Loose the sound deadener!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
honestly the carpet and sound deadner in these cars weighs 30-40lbs MAX ive stripped my car numerous times only to put the **** back ure not going to get any significant performance gain from removing the Carpet stereo blah blah, leave the **** alone and save your time and money to invest in the already proven series 2 motor and go from there.

·
Registered
390 Posts
wieght

well lets see rims are usaully lighter.lose the spare and jack. get a race battery. my stock battry is 32 lbs race battery is 13 lbs.rear bumber support.(25 lbs i think ) after market suspension parts are usaully lighter (shocks control arms ect) see if you can switch your steel cradle to the aluminum cradle. get aluminum heads 35 lbs savings.engine cover.change your seats to light wieght racing seats. drop the tank get a fuel cell (if you have a steel tank )the list goes on. best way to do it is start at the back of the car and ask yourself do i need this.if its a no yank it.if its a yes i do need it see if someone make a aftermarket one thats lighter.you could easily lose 2 to 3 hundred pounds. just a matter of what your willing to sacrafice.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats what i like to hear. i like the philosophy of if i don't need it yank it i've already done that to a few things the spare, jack, trunk carpet, rear seat and all my tools are out of the car and i can already notice a slight difference. i gotta put the rear seat back in but most of the things you listed are already in the works:8. how much do these beastly power seats weigh?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Get an l32....end/

·
Registered
156 Posts
Avoid removing weight from the front thats your traction.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea that goes without saying. the worst part about these cars is that, thats where most of the useless weight is. so i believe i'm S.O.L. oh well gives me a reason to go for more horse and especially more torque:icon_twis that and i can just toss different seats in there and go to town with the hole saw:icon_roll

·
Registered
390 Posts
rear

take your spare and jack out and drop your rear bumber support reallly dont need it i think its like 20 ish lbs plus the spare and jack 25 ish diffrent seats be a nice drop

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.