3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone want to contribute me going to the dyno and seeing what numbers I'll put down again? I've already put down 199.6 hp and 212.4 tq. When I had that run I had my 18" rims on, and the HVII. I also went from a 15.0 to a 14.4 by taking out the HVII.

I know a few people are curious as to see what I'd dyno with and without it. I don't think anyone has (except ZZP). The dyno is 3 pulls for $60 or $65. Wideband is an extra $20.

$5-$10 would be nice as you don't have to go through the hassle of swapping the intake :). :p

Next question is.. what do you think I'd put down? Want to start a betting poll? :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
238 Posts
Buck531 said:
Anyone want to contribute me going to the dyno and seeing what numbers I'll put down again? I've already put down 199.6 hp and 212.4 tq. When I had that run I had my 18" rims on, and the HVII. I also went from a 14.4 to a 15.0 by taking out the HVII.

I know a few people are curious as to see what I'd dyno with and without it. I don't think anyone has (except ZZP). The dyno is 3 pulls for $60 or $65. Wideband is an extra $20.

$5-$10 would be nice as you don't have to go through the hassle of swapping the intake :). :p

Next question is.. what do you think I'd put down? Want to start a betting poll? :D

dont you mean you went from a 15.0 to 14.4 without it
as far as numbers go, without the insert i would bet your torque will get higher, as far as whp its hard to say, like you said i dont think anyone has dynoed with and without it, lastly i would like to donate to your dyno fund, but my turbo fund wouldnt like that :D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
8-Ur-Honda said:
dont you mean you went from a 15.0 to 14.4 without it
as far as numbers go, without the insert i would bet your torque will get higher, as far as whp its hard to say, like you said i dont think anyone has dynoed with and without it, lastly i would like to donate to your dyno fund, but my turbo fund wouldnt like that :D
Woops.. fixed.

Well, tell your turbo fund to wait :).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
Easy performance prod. did testing of the hvii although it may be somewhat biased ,Most will agree that the hvii will increace top end HP but lose you low end tourqe I personally think it was a flawed design from the outset if you take a look at what GM did with the intimidator in 01 you'll see thay used a custom built tuned port type of runner intake and they produced some major HP out of a N/A 3.8 .
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
chico said:
Easy performance prod. did testing of the hvii although it may be somewhat biased ,Most will agree that the hvii will increace top end HP but lose you low end tourqe I personally think it was a flawed design from the outset if you take a look at what GM did with the intimidator in 01 you'll see thay used a custom built tuned port type of runner intake and they produced some major HP out of a N/A 3.8 .
Yeah, it does give you more top end. But what's wierd is that my trap speeds actually were lower than w/o the insert in. Lower by like 4-5 mph..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
238 Posts
Buck531 said:
Yeah, it does give you more top end. But what's wierd is that my trap speeds actually were lower than w/o the insert in. Lower by like 4-5 mph..
if you trap speed was lower without the insert that just says you lost a bit of top end power, but the reason you time was faster without the insert is because you got back the low end that you lost. it seems the insert doesnt do well for 1/4 times, but does great on a highway race, not that i have any experience with that or anything :D
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top